Driver Easy always comes into sight when you type keywords like driver update on Google. Is Driver Easy safe to use? Do you really need it for driver update? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard explains what Driver Easy is and discusses its security.
Is Driver Easy Safe?
What is Driver Easy? Is it malware? Easeware, the company behind Driver Easy, claims Driver Easy as a powerful utility available on all Windows versions (from Windows XP to Windows 10) to scan, update, and fix any of the system’s drivers. In other words, Driver Easy is a program that helps Windows users to update drivers automatically.
The functions built-in Driver Easy and its pros can be summarized as follows:
- Driver Easy features the Offline Scan feature that allows you to download and install network drivers even without network connection.
- Driver Easy also allows you to manually update the driver as the driver from the software will be saved on your computer.
- Driver Easy compares the installed driver and the driver that needs to be installed as an update.
- Driver Easy allows you to hide devices if you want to no longer see they ask for updates.
- Driver Easy is able to help you download Windows Updates at a faster speed than you get them through the default method in Windows (you may be interested in 7 Solutions to Fix Windows 10 Won’t Update. #6 Is Fantastic).
- Driver Easy displays system information including CPU, GPU, motherboard, network cards, and so on (you may be interested in How to Check PC Full Specs Windows 10 in 5 Ways).
Here are more details about Driver Easy:
- Vendor: DriverEasy.com.
- Most current version: v5.6.12.
- Working systems: Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Establishment file size: 4.83 MB.
- Supported languages: 14.
- Driver database: 8,000,000.
- Pricing free/membership License: $29.95 1-year membership/3 PCs.
Do You Really Need Driver Easy for Driver Update?
Since its release in 2009, Driver Easy has over 3 million users worldwide. Should you join the large group? Different people have different opinions.
Some people believe that Driver Easy is safe to use and highly suggest using the software for driver updating. Here are the positive voices from thinkmobiles.com.
It’s great software. It allows you to install drivers for your hardware without any troubles: it’s easy to use, has a simple interface, does not require the installation CD. I like that I can click one button (the Scan button) and the program will find and install all drivers automatically. I recommend it.
I highly recommend the program to use when you need to get a new version of the drivers. I have the paid version of Driver Easy. I bought it when I had problems with the drivers. Some time ago my PC periodically failed and these crashing were stopped after I updated the drivers (with Driver Easy, of course).
- I love that it has the ability to automatically download driver updates and almost all drivers are correct that don't damage your computer. Only if you have an old pc, you may need to find and install the network adapter driver. Good program.
It resolved the issue that made hang and crash on my computer.
But there are also some negative voices and the commons are displayed below.
First, the free trial version of Driver Easy is basically pointless and many features are only available on the premium version. One user complained of that on redidit.com:
I'd get rid of it. Driver update programs typically warn you about out of date drivers and then charge you when you ask to have them updated. Won't do any good.
Then as to driver download, the download speed is slow and bulk downloading is not supported. More disappointingly, the driver update tool sometimes installs an outdated or mismatching driver rather than a proper system driver.
Windows operating systems offer tools for driver update like Device Manager and Windows Update. Compared to the third-party driver update software, these two tools are free and reliable. Go here and you will get the tutorials on how to use them.
How to Uninstall Driver Easy?
If you have installed Driver Easy and decide to uninstall it, you can refer to the following tutorial.
Step 1: Terminate the Driver Easy process.
- Press Windows + R to call out the Run
- Type taskmgr in the Run dialogue box and hit the Enter key to open Task Manager.
- On the Task Manager window, locate DriverEasy, highlight it, and click the End task
Step 2: Uninstall Driver Easy.
- Type Driver Easy in the search bar on the taskbar.
- Right-click the research result and select Uninstall.
- You will see a new window, on which locate DriverEasy and click the Uninstall
Step 3: Remove all files and components of Driver Easy.
The above step is just to uninstall Drive Easy and the files and components of the software are still on your computer. Removing them not only frees up your disk but also avoids a poor computer performance caused by them.
To remove them, you should let your system show hidden files and folders firstly.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar ion the taskbar and double-click the search result.
- Set the view mode to Category and click the Appearance Personalization
- Go to the path: File Explorer Options > View > Show hidden files, folders, and drives > Apply > OK.
Then, you should complete the following operations.
- Open File Explorer, then open Disk C, and expand Program Files.
- Locate the Easeware folder and delete all the folders and files associated with Driver Easy.
Step 4: Delete all keys related to Driver Easy.
- Press Windows + R to call out the Run window.
- Type regedit on the window and hit the Enter
- On the Registry Editor window, click Edit > Find.
- Type DriverEasy in the search bar to find all keys related to the software and then delete them.
Uninstalling unnecessary programs or apps is one of the most common and important tasks that all computer users need to do. Here is a guide to remove them.
Secure Your Computer If You Insist on Using Driver Easy
Based on the pros and cons of Driver Easy, it is recommended that you run a full system scan and back up your computer to secure your computer.
Run a Full System Scan
You can utilize the Windows built-in tool Windows Defender to check whether there are threats to your computer. The tutorial is below.
Step 1: Right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar and then select the Settings option.
Step 2: Select Update & security from the Settings menu.
Step 3:Switch to the Windows Defender option and then click the Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus button from the right pane.
Step 4: Select the Virus & threat protection function from the new window.
Step 5: Click the Advanced scan button and select the Full scan option.
Step 6: After selecting the Full scan option, hit the Scan now button.
Step 7: It might take a long time, so wait patiently. When the process comes to an end, check the scan result. If nothing is suspicious, the tool will display a message saying “No Current Threats”. However, if you see a message saying “Threat found”, please click the Start actions button to remove the detected threats.
Here are 3 ways to enable Windows Defender to scan archive files, including .zip, .rar, and .cab files. Try them to enhance PC security and protection.
Back up Your Computer
In case of data loss caused by Driver Easy, it is necessary to back up your computer. Here it is highly recommended that you try MiniTool Partition Wizard. It is a professional partition manager, skilled in disk management, disk backup, data recovery, and more.
The software is designed and developed by a Canadian company and has over 70 million downloads. Like Driver Easy, MiniTool Partition Wizard also comes with the free version and the paid version. As to disk backup, you need to pay for the paid version to back up a system disk or you can just download the free version to back up the non-system disk.
Here is the tutorial on how to back up your computer with MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Step 1: Purchase MiniTool Partition Wizard through the following button.
Step 2: Install MiniTool Partition Wizard on your computer and launch it to get its main interface.
Step 3:Choose the Copy Disk Wizard feature from the left panel.
Step 4: Click the Next button to continue.
Step 5: Select the system disk as the source disk and then click the Next button.
Step 6: Select the connected external hard drive as the target disk and then click the Next button.
Step 7: Choose a copy method. If you have some doubts about the copy methods, you can read the function’s manual.
Step 8: Read the notes on the new window and then click the Finish button.
Step 9: The software turns back to its main interface, from which you can see that there is a new partition layout on the target disk. Note that this is not over yet and you should click the Apply button to execute the pending changes.
Wait painterly while the software backs up your computer.
How to safeguard your computer after installing a drive updater like Driver Easy? Firstly, run a full system scan to detect the threats. Secondly, back up the computer in case of data loss.Click to tweet
There are plenty of available programs on the Internet. You might also be worried about their security. We have discussed some software in the following articles and you can read them if you wonder their security.
I Want Your Voice
Is Driver Easy safe? I believe you have an answer to this question after reading the post.
Lastly, have you tried MiniTool Partition Wizard to safeguard your system and files? If there is something unclear when you use this software, you can send an email to [email protected] and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Is Driver Easy Safe FAQ
Basically, it is not recommended that you update your drivers. But, you should do that in the following cases.
- Fix the issues caused by outdated or incompatible drivers, such as wireless keyboard not working.
- Get the best graphics performance and fewer bugs with modern games.
Updating computer drivers can get rid of some issues, boost computer performance, and even improve computer stability. But this does not indicate that you should update all your drivers. There is a listing of the recommended drivers to update from Computer Hope.
- BIOS updates.
- CD or DVD drive drivers and firmware.
- Display drivers.
- Keyboard drivers.
- Mouse drivers.
- Modem drivers.
- Motherboard drivers and updates.
- Network card drivers.
- Printer drivers.
- Removable media drivers.
- Scanner drivers.
- Sound card drivers.
- Video drivers.