Is the Data Recovery function in MiniTool Partition Wizard as strong as MiniTool Power Data Recovery?
The Data Recovery feature of MiniTool Partition Wizard works the same as MiniTool Power Data Recovery when it comes to recovering data from hard drives and flash drives. However, for CD/DVD recovery, MiniTool Power Data Recovery is the right choice.
Difference between Partition Recovery function in MiniTool Partition Wizard and MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Partition Recovery function is designed to recover lost/deleted partitions along with data in these partitions while MiniTool Power Data Recovery is developed to recover data from Recycle Bin, lost/deleted partitions and existing partitions. Meanwhile, the former recovers partitions to their original location while the latter requires another drive to save recovered files.
Can I recover data to the original drive?
We strongly advise you not to recover the data to the original drive, because doing this may overwrite the lost files. If you do, do at your own risk.
How long it will take to complete scan process?
The time required to scan a drive depends on many factors, such as how many data you saved in this drive and the current status of the drive.
After scan I got the error message "failed to find any file system information from the specified device", and no files are found.
Most probably your device has physical issues. In this case, could you please take a screenshot to show us disk layout in Windows Disk Management or use hard drive testing tools like CrystalDiskInfo to see whether it has physical issues.
The Free version scanned my drive for 12 hours and it found my data, so i upgraded to the Full version. Do i need to install the Full version and rescan my drive?
There is no need to rescan your drive with the Full version, because you can directly activate the program on the Free version and continue to recover.
It's a 2TB disk, but the program reported that there are dozens of TB files found, so I can't save them.
In your case, mostly some files have problems and miscalculated. Please use this method to filter files:
Step 1: if you already closed the program, please run the program again and load the previous recovery result, which can avoid rescanning the drive:
Step 2: Click the Filter button, give a check mark "√" on By Size option, and limit the size for files that the program found. For example, we need to recover files smaller than 1GB, so we make the following filter:
1048576KB = 1024MB = 1G
Then, we can only see files NOT Larger than 1GB.
Please limit the size of your files.
Why the program found a lot of partitions
When our program finds a file system track, after scanning it will show it as a partition no matter the file system is intact or not. If it finds 10 file system tracks, it will show 10 partitions. If file system is intact, all files in this partition will be shown correctly. If file system is incomplete or corrupted, all files will be in the RAW Files folder and lose their original name. Files in the All RAW Files partition are found over file system, so they lose original names and date.
What does RAW Files mean?
If file system is intact, folder structure could be restored. If file system is incomplete or corrupted, all files will be in the RAW Files folder and lose their original names. Files in the All RAW Files partition are found over file system, so they lose original names and date.
The program said it saved files successfully, but I just found an empty folder.
In general, there are 4 causes for this issue:
1. There is not enough free space on the drive to save the file. Could you please check the unused space of the drive?
2. There are errors in the path selected for recovered files. In this case, could you please right click an individual file and recover it to root directory of a drive to see whether it is there? If you already closed the program, you can run it again, choose the function you used to scan the drive, and load previous scanning results.
3. Errors occurred during scan. In this case, would you mind rescanning the drive and saving an individual file to see whether it can open?
4. File system of the drive you used to save recovered files isn't supported by Windows. Could you please try saving files to an NTFS or FAT32 partition?
Recovered files can't open in any other supported programs
In general, there are 4 causes for the issue that recovered files can't open:
1. File records in the file system got corrupted and you recovered files with original names.
2. Errors occurred during the process of scanning or saving.
3. Files are already overwritten or corrupted before recovery.
4. The disk has physical issues.
Here are the suggestions:
1. Restart the program and then load the previous recovery result, which just takes dozens of seconds.
2. Try saving some files with the original names as well as files in the More Lost Files
or All RAW Files
3. If there are no files with the original names, please check by getting into the Show More Partition
option to load other partitions.
4. However, if the recovered files still won’t open, errors may occur during the process of the first scanning. In this case, you may rescan the drive and save files during the process of scanning.
If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected]
Why recovered files lost original names and showing up as file1, file2, file3…
There are 2 causes for this issue, including:
1. Errors occurred during the process of scanning. In this case, would you mind rescanning the drive?
2. File system is damaged. In this case, original folder structure can't be restored.
When I click the save button, the window that pops up is blank.
Have you moved Desktop or My Documents from OS drive (default) to another drive or do other related move recently? If yes, to change them back may solve the problem.
How to create bootable disk to recover data from a crashed computer?
You need to prepare a CD, DVD, or USB drive, then run MiniTool Partition Wizard, and click the Bootable Media Builder button to create.
When I clicked the Bootable Edition button, it brings me to a website. How can I create a bootable disc?
There are 2 possible causes for this issue:
1. You purchased Standard version. All Standard versions do not have bootable version, and you need the Deluxe version. In this case, we suggest placing a new order to purchase the Deluxe version, then send us the new order ID, and we will cancel the first order.
2. You registered directly on the Free Edition. The Free Edition doesn't contain bootable version by default. In this case, could you please send us your order ID or registered email address and problem details to [email protected]
? Once the order is confirmed, we will send you the download link of the full version.