Can you download games on Nintendo Switch? Of course, you can! Nintendo games are not limited to physical versions. They have switched to digital versions and you can get them more conveniently. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to download games onto Switch.
Can You Download Games on Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch is an excellent video game console. It is a tablet that can either be docked for use as a home console or used as a portable device, which makes it a hybrid console. How to get games for Nintendo Switch? There are two ways and each way has its advantages.
Way 1: Buy a physical copy of a game.
The advantages of buying the cartridge are as follows:
- You can share the game (the cartridge) with others and there is no copyright infringement issue.
- The physical version doesn’t require a lot of storage on the console because the physical game cartridge will hold the bulk of the game data. The Switch only needs to hold save data.
- When a game is first launched, the digital version is usually more expensive than the physical version.
- Physical collector's editions or definitive editions often come with limited-run memorabilia like statues, stickers, art books, and soundtracks. You often can't get this stuff when buying digitally.
- The physical version doesn’t require a network.
- If you don’t want to play the game anymore, you can sell the cartridge to others.
If you try playing games on Nintendo Switch via game card, you may encounter the Switch game card error. Well, you can find solutions from this post.
Way 2: Download a digital copy of a game.
The advantages of buying the digital copy of a game are as follows:
- Purchase is more convenient. You can buy a digital copy of a game from home, and then download and play it immediately.
- The digital copy is more portable. You don’t need to carry a bunch of Switch game cases when you are on the go. These games have already been downloaded into the console.
- Some games are only released on the Nintendo eShop, meaning you can't buy a physical version.
- The digital game is more environmental. It cuts down on the amount of waste produced for a game like the plastic of the cartridges, case, and sealed packaging.
How to Download Games on Nintendo Switch?
Step 1: Do you have a Nintendo Account? If not, please go to the Nintendo Account website and click Sign in/Create account. Then, click Create a Nintendo Account and follow the wizard to complete the Nintendo Account creation process.
Step 2: Do you have a user account on Switch? If not, please select System Settings on the HOME Menu, scroll down to highlight Users, and then select Add User. Please follow the wizard to create a new user account.
Step 3: Link the Nintendo Account to Nintendo Switch. Go to System Settings > Users, and then select the appropriate user account to access the Profile Settings. Then, select Link Nintendo Account > Sign In and Link. Please follow the wizard to link an existing Nintendo Account to the Switch.
Step 4: Purchase a digital copy of a game on the Switch. Please select Nintendo eShop on the HOME Menu, select the account you want to use, find the game you want to buy in the eShop, select the game to reach the game details page, select Proceed to Purchase, and then select Confirm Purchase to complete the purchase.