Microsoft keeps releasing new updates to add new features and bug patches to known issues in previous versions. The Moment 1 Update for Windows 11 is one of the updates to make the system more attractive. If you are interested in it, read this post now. It collects some information about it.
Windows 11 Moment 1 Update is another big Update after the release of Windows 11 22H2. As its name suggests, it is the first Moment Update for Windows 11. It is free for all Windows 11 users. Besides, it adds many new features and apps.
What is DirectStorage? Does your computer support it? How to enable DirectStorage on Windows 11? This post will reveal all the answers.
Windows 11 Moment 1 Update Features
As mentioned earlier, a set of features are introduced in Windows 11 Moment 1 Update. They include the improved File Explorer, suggested actions, Taskbar overflow, Taskbar right-click to open the Task Manager, support for iCloud photos in the Photo app, Android apps support, and Amazon App Store.
- Improved File Explorer: It adds tabs that allow you to use apps like a browser to open multiple tabs. Additionally, it includes interface changes. For instance, it puts the home page and OneDrive at the top and adds an improved Favorites section. The Pin to quick access option is also added in File Explorer of this update.
- Suggested Actions: This feature offers you different options when you copy a number or date.
- Amazon App Store: Through it, you can install over 20, 000 Android apps on Windows 11.
These new features will be available to all editions of Windows 11 22H2 in the November 2022 Security Update.
Windows 11 Moment 1 Update Release Date
The Windows 11 Moment 1 Update is on the official rollout. You can look forward to automatically receiving the update in the coming weeks. Even so, the Moment 1 Update for Windows 11 might not be available to everyone immediately.
How to get Windows 11 Moment 1 Update? If it is available, you can get it installed by opening Settings > clicking Update & Security > clicking Windows Update > tapping Check for updates.
To download and install Windows 11 Moment 1 Update successfully, you need to ensure that your PC has enough free space. If your hard drive runs out of space, try freeing up space, extending the partition, or upgrading to a large hard drive to increase disk space.
Here comes the need for MiniTool Partition Wizard. It helps you analyze disk space usage and free up space. It also enables you to take free space from non-contiguous partitions or unallocated to extend partitions. Before you upgrade a hard drive, you can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to back up important data on the drive to avoid data loss.
Both the Copy Disk and Migrate OS to SSD/HDD features are capable of backing up the hard drive.
- Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard on your computer.
- Connect another hard drive or storage device to your computer before performing the operation.
- Launch the software to enter its main interface.
- Click Copy Disk Wizard > Next > disk to copy > Next.
- Choose the destination disk and click Next.
- Confirm the operation if there’s no important data on it.
- Configure copy options and click Next.
- Tap Finish > Apply to execute the operation.
Then you can replace the current hard drive with a new one. After that, install Moment 1 Update for Windows 11 on your computer.