What Is DEV ERROR 11642 MW2?
MW2, short for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, is a popular first-person shooter video game released in 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
DEV ERROR 11642 is an error on the MW2 and it occurs when players try to launch a private lobby with either their friends or bots. As soon as gamers try to start a private match, the game will load indefinitely and send players back to the lobby screen with the error message.
Have you come across the Dev error 6034 in COD Warzone/Modern Warfare? Don’t worry. This post explores 9 ways to fix Dev error 6034 Xbox One.
How to Fix DEV ERROR 11642 MW2
To fix MW2 DEV ERROR 11642, you can try the following ways.
Way 1. Queue for a Public Match
One odd workaround that’s been rumored to help is queueing for a public match, either solo or with your squad, and then backing out as soon as the match starts. You can then try to start up another benchmark test or private match.
Way 2. Set Frame Limit to Unlimited
Some people report that this method works. You can also have a try. Here is the guide:
- Open CoD MW2.
- Look at the top-right corner of the window, then navigate to Settings (marked as a gear icon).
- Choose Graphics from the drop-down menu.
- Look for Custom Frame Rate Limit, and then switch the option from Custom to Unlimited.
Have you come across the Dev error 6328 on Warzone or Modern Warfare? Don’t worry. This post provides 6 effective ways to get rid of the error.
Way 3. Change Display Mode
The DEV ERROR 11642 MW2 may be caused by the Windowed or Fullscreen Exclusive display mode. You need to switch to the Fullscreen Borderless mode. Here is the guide:
- Open the game.
- Go to Settings > Graphics.
- Look for the Display Mode section, and then make sure you switch the option to Fullscreen Borderless.
Way 4. Turn off On-Demand Texture Streaming
If your internet connection is unstable and frequently suffers packet loss or high ping, it is advised to turn off On-Demand Texture Streaming. Here is the guide:
- Open the COD MW2 game.
- Go to Settings > Graphics > Quality > Details & Textures.
- Find the On-Demand Texture Streaming option and turn it Off.
Are you playing Call of Duty: Warzone on PC, PS4, or Xbox One? Have you ever encountered dev error 4576 while playing it? Here are some fixes for this error.
Way 5. Restart Shaders Optimization
Reinstalling the shaders can solve most technical issues. You can try this method to solve the DEV ERROR 11642 MW2 issue. Here is the guide:
- Open the game and go to Settings > Graphics > Display.
- Scroll down to find Restart Shaders Optimization and click it.
- Select Restart.
- Quit the game and launch it again for the shaders to start reinstalling.
Way 6. Repair Game Files
The DEV ERROR 11642 MW2 may be caused by corrupt game files. You can repair the game files in the following way.
- Open the Steam client on your computer and navigate to Library.
- Right-click Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to the Local Files tab.
- Click the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Open the Battle.net client on your computer.
- Click on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
- Click the gear icon next to the Play button and choose Scan and Repair from the menu that appears.
This post shows you how to fix COD Warzone Dev Error 6066 on PC. If you are facing this error, you can take corresponding methods to solve the problem.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a functional tool. It can convert MBR to GPT without data loss, migrate OS, clone hard drive, recover partitions, recover data from hard drive, etc. If you have this need, download it to have a try.