Are you tired of the built-in File Explorer in Windows? Do you want to replace it? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard introduces 9 Windows Explorer alternatives. You can have a try.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022 32-bit & 64-bit
- A portable file manager. No installation is required. All configuration data is stored in the application data folder. No change in the system or registry.
- Tabs let you switch between folders most easily.
- You can program and run scripts for this app.
- You can fine-tune the app to look and behave exactly as you want it.
XYplorer allows you to try it for 30 days for free. It also has a free version with limited features. This software has many features, becoming one of the best Windows Explorer alternatives.
This post shows you how to apply Dark Mode on File Explorer and how to fix the File Explorer Dark Mode not working issue.
#2. Directory Opus
Windows Vista/7/8/10/11 and Server versions
- Single or dual file displays, with single or dual trees, make navigating and manipulating files a breeze.
- Folder tabs let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them.
- View and edit file metadata (EXIF, MP3, PDF, etc).
- Color code or assign status icons, star ratings, tags, and descriptions to your files and folders to make them easier to find.
- You can view FTP, Zip, 7-Zip, RAR, and many other archive formats like folders.
- You can access content on portable devices like phones, tablets, and cameras.
- It has many tools like synchronize, duplicate file finder, image converter, etc.
- Support for CD/DVD burning.
- You can customize the interface colors, fonts, toolbars, keyboard hotkeys, etc.
- Full scripting interface supports VBScript, JScript, or any compatible installed Active Scripting language.
Directory Opus has a Light version and a Full version. They allow a free trial for 60 days. It is one of the best alternatives to Windows Explorer and is famous in Australia.
Have you ever come across file explorer not responding Windows 10 issue when trying to use file explorer? If you do, try the following top 9 ways now to fix it!
#3. Total Commander
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11, and Windows 3.1
- Two file windows side by side allow you to compare files easily and sync directories.
- Restore selection as it was before the last file operation (NUM /).
- Support ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, and ACE file types.
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons.
- Built-in FTP client with FTPS (encrypted FTP) and HTTP proxy support.
- Other tools like comparing editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog, etc.
Total Commander allows a free trial for 30 days. After that, you must either order the full version or delete the program from your hard disk. In addition, the mobile version is free.
This post offers 6 methods on how to fix explorer.exe high memory, disk or CPU usage issue.
- Windows 98/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11 all versions
- Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012/2016
- Support folder types like ZIP, FTP, cabinet, network, system folders, shortcuts, etc.
- Different colors for different item types.
- Quadro-View interface and folder tabs.
- No installation.
- A free program.
It is one of the best free Windows Explorer alternatives.
This post provides you with a way to resolve the problem that ads may show in Windows 11 File Explorer to annoy you.
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Linux 64-bit
- macOS v10.12 or higher (x64 or arm64)
- Android 9 or later
- TagSpaces Web Clipper allows you to collect web pages, bookmarks, geo-coordinates, or screenshots from the Web.
- WYSIWYG Markdown editor allows you to create notes that can include tables, todo-lists, math formulas, or diagrams.
- You can add labels called tags to any file or folder and assign a custom color to every folder and tag.
- You can connect as location Amazon S3 compliant object storage offered by providers such as AWS, Wasabi, or MinIO. Then, you can edit files located in the cloud without downloading and re-uploading them.
- It has a built-in perspective, which allows you to show geo-tagged files and folders on a digital map., so you can annotate maps with files.
TagSpaces has two versions: Lite and Pro. The Lite version is the free version with limited features.
MiniTool Partition Wizard can help you clone the operating system, manage disks, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.