If you don’t know how to right-click on a Chromebook, pay attention to this post. Here, MiniTool helps you right-click on Chromebook via a mouse/keyboard/touchpad. Besides, it collects some common touchpad gestures to operate a Chromebook.
Like on other laptops, you can right-click on Chromebook by pressing the right button on a physical mouse. This is a common method to perform the Chromebook right-click operation. You just need to plug the USB mouse into the ports of your Chromebook and then use it. If you get a Bluetooth mouse, pair it with your Chromebook and then utilize it.
How to right-click on a Chromebook without a mouse? Here are two available methods. You are also able to right-click on Chromebook automatically by configuring an option in Settings.
How to Right-click on a Chromebook via a Keyboard
A simple way to right-click on Chromebook is to use the keyboard. You just need to press and hold the Alt key and then click the touchpad with one finder.
This post shows you how to right click without a mouse on Windows, Chrombook, and Mac laptops.
How to Right-click on a Chromebook via the Touchpad
Generally speaking, you can right-click on Chromebook by pressing or tapping the touchpad with two fingers. If it doesn’t work, you need to enable right-click first. How to enable right-click on Chromebook? Here’s the tutorial.
Step 1: Tap on the menu located in the bottom-right corner of the Chromebook screen and then click on the gear icon. This operation will open the Settings menu.
Step 2: Scroll down the menu and click Advanced.
Step 3: Choose Manage accessibility features.
Step 4: Click on Open mouse and touchpad device settings under the Mouse and Touchpad section.
If you want to right-click on Chromebook automatically, enable the Automatically click when the cursor stops option under this section. As the option indicates, you will right-click by automatic when the cursor stops moving. The default interval is one second, but it can be modified manually. If you don’t need automatic right-clicking, toggle off the option to disable it.
Step 5: Click Enable tap-to-click.
Now, right-click on Chromebook by using the instructions at the beginning of this section to see if it works. In addition to Chromebook right-click, the Chromebook touchpad also allows you to perform operations as follows.
- Move the pointer: Move your finger across the touchpad
- Click: Press or tap the lower half of the touchpad.
- Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and move them up and down to scroll vertically, or left and right to scroll horizontally.
- See all open windows: Swipe up with three fingers. If you want to close the window, swipe down with three fingers.
- Close a tab: Point to the tab, tap or click the touchpad with three fingers.
- Open a link in a new tab: Point to the link, tap or click the touchpad with three fingers.
- Switch between pages: To go back to the previous page, swipe left with two fingers. To move to the next page, swipe right with two fingers.
- Switch between tabs: If there are multiple browser tabs opened, swipe left or right with three fingers based on your needs.
- Switch between virtual desks: If there are multiple desks opened, swipe left or right with four fingers.
- Open or close overview: To open an overview, swipe up with three fingers. To close it, swipe down with three fingers.
- Drag and drop: Click and hold the target item with one finger and then drag it to the new spot. Then release the finger.
When you are going to use the PS4 controller, it is necessary to learn about PS4 controller buttons including their names, layout, and functions.
How to enable right-click on Chromebook? How to right-click on a Chromebook? Answers have been shown in this post. You can perform the operation by following the given instructions. To manage your partitions or hard disks, try using MiniTool Partition Wizard – a multifunctional partition manager for Windows systems.
This software allows you to create/format/extend/move/resize/delete/wipe/recover partitions, convert MBR to GPT (vice versa), migrate OS to SSD/HDD, copy disk, convert FAT to NTFS (vice versa), recover missing data, etc. It helps you improve the performance of a PC by cleaning up and optimizing it. Given that fact, it can be used as a PC cleaner and PC optimizer.
User Comments :Post Comment