This post includes playable PS4 games on PS5 and PS4 games with PS upgrades (currently available and upcoming). If you are looking for games with PS5 upgrades, read this post of MiniTool now.
Playable PS4 Games on PS5
Thanks to the backward compatibility of PS5 consoles, you can access to a massive collection of legendary PlayStation 4 games. According to the statistics, more than 4000 PS4 games can be played on the PS5 console.
In addition to backward compatibility, PS5 also has the technology of Game Boost that offers more power to PS4 games. Hence, you are able to enjoy faster and smoother frame rates in some of the PS4 console’s greatest games.
Even though there are 4000+ PS4 games playable on PS5, not all of them have PS5 upgrades. In this post, PS4 games with PS5 upgrades (both currently available and upcoming ones) are summarized.
61 PS4 Games with PS5 Upgrades (Currently Available)
Here is a list of currently available PS4 games with free PS5 upgrade with their corresponding features on PS5.
The following PS4 games with PS5 upgrades are summarized at the time of writing.
- A Plague Tale: Innocence – 60fps, 4k
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – 60fps, 4k, 3D audio
- Atelier Ryza 2
- Battlefield 2042 – 128 players
- Borderlands 3 – 60fps, 120 fps, 4k
- Biomutant – 60fps, 4k
- Blood and Truth – higher frame rates, improved resolution, highest detail assets, and improved texture detail
- Borderlands 3 – 60fps, 4k
- Bugsnax – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Control Ultimate Edition – 60fps, 4k, ray tracing, transferable save files, DualSense features
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time – 60fps, 4k, 3D audio, DualSense features
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Dead by Daylight – 60fps, 4k, transferable save files
- Death Stranding: 60fps, DualSense
- Destiny 2 – 60fps, 4k, transferable save files
- Dirt 5 – 60fps, 120fps, DualSense features, 3D audio
- DOOM Eternal – up to 120fps, up to 4k, ray tracing
- Dying Light 2 – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Elden Ring – 60fps or 4k
- Far Cry 6 – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, transferrable save files
- FIFA 21 – 60fps, 4k, some improved animations
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – 60fps or 30fps/4k
- Final Fantasy XIV – 60 fps or 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- For Honor – 60fps, 4k
- Genshin Impact – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Ghost of Tsushima – 60fps (additional PS5 features available as part of paid Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut)
- Ghostrunner – 120fps, 4k, post-processing HDR, 3D audio, DualSense
- God of War(2018) – 60fps, 4k
- Hades – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Hitman 3(Digital only) – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Horizon Zero Dawn – 60fps, 4k
- Horizon Forbidden West – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Madden 21– Multiple updates to lighting, audio, and more
- Maneater – 60fps, 4k, ray-tracing
- Marvel’s Avengers – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Metro Exodus – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure – 60fps, dynamic 4k
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Mortal Kombat 11 – 60fps, 4k
- No Man’s Sky – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Outriders – 60fps, 4k
- Planet Coaster– 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Rainbow Six Siege– 60fps, 120fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Ratchet & Clank(2016) – 60fps
- Resident Evil Village – 60fps (45fps with raytracing on), 4k, DualSense features, 3D audio
- Riders Republic– 60fps, 4k
- Ride 4 – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure– DualSense features, 3D audio
- Subnautica – 4k, 60fps
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order– 60fps, 4k
- Terminator: Resistance – Enhanced – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features, new game mode
- The Elder Scrolls Online – 60fps or 30fps/4k
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition– 60fps, 4k
- The Nioh Collection – 120fps, with improved load times
- The Pathless– 60fps or 30fps/4k
- The Last of Us Part 2 – 60fps, 4k, DualSense, 3D audio
- Watch Dogs Legion – 4k, DualSense features
- WRC 9 – 60fps, 4k, DualSense features
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 60fps, 4k (30fps), DualSense features
What is Roblox FPS unlocker and what does it do? How to get the Roblox FPS unlocker download? All these questions will be answered in this post.
9 PS4 Games with Upcoming PS5 Upgrades
The games that are going to include free PS5 upgrades are listed as follows.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Far Cry 5
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
- Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
- Resident Evil 3 (Remake)
- Resident Evil 7
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
If you are a Valorant gamer, you may want to play Valorant on PS/PS5/Xbox consoles like other gamers. Is it possible? This post tells you the answers.
How to Upgrade PS4 Games to PS5
Before you upgrade PS4 games to PS5, you should check if you are playing the upgraded version via the PlayStation Network. For that, log on and head to the PS Store. Then check if the purchased games have an available PS5 upgrade. If so, it means that the game is PS4 version.
Then you can upgrade it to PS5 version manually. How to upgrade PS4 games to PS5? The answer depends on how the publisher decides to support the initiative and which version of the game you run.
For instance, if you buy a digital copy of PS4 games, you can upgrade it to a digital copy on PS5 free of charge. If you purchase a physical copy, you need to insert the disc into PS5 console. Therefore, you can’t upgrade PS4 games to PS5 if you get a physical copy of game and a PS5 Digital edition. Click here to know the difference between PS5 and PS5 Digital.
Further reading: MiniTool Partition Wizard is an all-in-one partition manager for Windows devices. It allows you to perform disk benchmarks, data/partition recovery, surface tests, disk conversion (between MBR and GPT), file system conversion (between FAT and NTFS), etc.