Do you want to install mods and CC for The Sims 4? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard tells you the difference between mods and CC and shows you how to download and install mods & CC for The Sims 4.
Difference Between Mods and CC
Mods are game modifications made by fans of the game. They will change the way your game behaves. Some of them can even completely overhaul existing features in the game or add brand new features to the game. Mods need to be updated frequently to keep your game running well.
CC is custom content created by fans of the game. It can be anything like clothes, hair, skins, eyes, makeup, new build/buy objects, etc. Some CC packs can even change the color or art style of the game or make the game look as true to real life as possible. Unlike mods, CC does not change the way your game behaves and it rarely needs to be updated.
This post tells you the general process of mod installation. If you are a fresh man in this field, this article may help you.
How to Download Mods and CC for Sims 4
The Sims 4, often called Sims 4, is a 2014 social simulation game. It is the fourth major title in The Sims series and is released for Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The Windows and macOS versions of The Sims 4 have extensive mod and CC support, as per tradition in the main The Sims series. The Sims 4 mods and CC can improve your gaming experience. Some of them can fix common gameplay issues, while others add more depth to your Sims' stories.
You may want to download mods and CC for The Sims 4. How to download mods for Sims 4? How to download CC for Sims 4? Keep reading to get the answer.
This post introduces 5+ differences between Sims 3 and Sims 4.
Where to Download Mods and CC for Sims 4
First, you should know where to download Sims 4 mods and CC. There are 4 favorite websites most users will use:
You can choose the mod and CC you like on these websites and then download them. However, you should note that some mods or CC are paid.
Best Mods and CC for Sims 4
In this part, I will recommend some nice Sims 4 mods and CC for you.
- Realistic Birth: If you don’t like the standard process of robotic baby delivery using special machinery, this mod is for you. After it is installed, your pregnant Sim will arrive at the hospital and go through several stages to induce labor for a natural delivery.
- MC Command Centre: This mod lets you tweak nearly every aspect of your Sims' lives throughout the neighborhood, including setting employment rates for various sim ages, finding out who's pregnant, aborting said babies if required, etc. You’re a Sims 4 god.
- UI Cheats Extension: A lot of Sims players like to use cheat codes. This mod can add all the cheat options directly into the UI without any typing required.
- Meaningful Stories: This mod gives your Sims deeper, long-lasting, and more realistic emotions. Your Sims will not just mechanically change their moods every ten seconds.
Because CC is more related to appearance, I will recommend some nice CC creators to you, not CC packages instead.
- Felixandresims and HeyHarrie: They create some of the most gorgeous furniture sets available for Sims 4 players.
- The Plumbob Tea Society: It is a collaborative group of content creators offering a lot of free CC including Cottage Garden, Rustic Romance, Stellar Stuff, etc. These CC can decorate your home better.
The above content tells you how to download Sims 4 mods and CC. You can have a try.
This post shows you how to install mods in Skyrim, Skyrim special edition, and Skyrim VR edition.
How to Add Mods and CC to Sims 4
How to add mods to Sims 4? How to add CC to Sims 4? After downloading Sims 4 mods and CC, you may be eager to know how to mod Sims 4. The process is very simple. You can follow the steps below:
- If your mod or CC download is a .rar or .zip file, you should extract it first.
- Move the mod or CC file into this folder: [DRIVE LETTER]:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. The mod or CC file is usually a .package or .ts4script file.
- Run the game and open Game Options > Other. Check the Enable Custom Content and Mods option and the Script Mods Allowed Then, relaunch The Sims 4 and you can enjoy the mods or CC in the game.
If your mod or CC file name starts with “0x00000”, you need to move it to this folder: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray.
How to install mods Sims 4 on Mac? The process is the same. The above guide works still.
This post talks about Mod Organizer 2 vs Vortex vs NMM. After reading this post, you can know which mod management tool you should use.
Are you interested in MiniTool Partition Wizard? This software can help you clone the system, manage disks better, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.