What Is Error Code DIVER?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) and Call of Duty: Warzone 2 are both first-person shooter games developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. If you are a player of them, you may encounter Error Code DIVER when downloading the game updates.
The Error Code DIVER is also known as Error 6 in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2. It prevents players from downloading the latest update. But some people also report that this error will prevent them from playing the games.
How to Fix Error Code DIVER MW2 & Warzone
If you have received Error Code DIVER in MW2 & Warzone, you can try the following ways to get rid of it.
Way 1. Restart the Game or the PC
In most cases, a restart can solve the issue. Therefore, before you take other measures, you can restart the game to see if Error Code DIVER MW2 or Warzone disappears. If not, you can then restart your PC.
Have you come across the Dev error 6034 in COD Warzone/Modern Warfare? Don’t worry. This post explores 9 ways to fix Dev error 6034 Xbox One.
Way 2. Troubleshoot the Network
Some people report that the cause of the Error Code DIVER Warzone or MW2 is the bad network. They have solved the issue by connecting the PC to the mobile hotspot. Then, the game is updated and the error disappears. You can also have a try.
In addition to the above method, you can also restart the router to solve the issue. Some people also recommend you flash DNS as follows:
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /renew” and press Enter.
- Type “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
To know more ways to troubleshoot the network, you can read this post: 11 Tips to Troubleshoot Internet Connection Problems Win 10.
Way 3. Update the Game
Updating the game can solve many game issues, including MW2 Error Code DIVER. Then, you can follow the steps below to update the game.
- Open the Steam app.
- Go to your Games Library.
- Right-click on the title, select Properties, and then click Updates.
- Open the Battle.net app and select the game.
- Expand its Options and click on Check for Updates.
Way 4. Allow Your Game Through Windows Firewall
You should make sure your game can go through the Windows Firewall. Otherwise, the files from the game servers will be blocked by the firewall. Here is the guide:
- Press the Windows logo key and R to open the Run dialog.
- Type “control firewall.cpl” and press Enter.
- In the window that pops up, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Browse through the list of Allowed apps and features to see if Steam or Battle.net is included. If not, click Change settings > Allow another app…, and then follow the on-screen instructions to add your game to the allowed apps list.
Have you come across the Dev error 6328 on Warzone or Modern Warfare? Don’t worry. This post provides 6 effective ways to get rid of the error.
Way 5. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- Open the Steam client on your computer and navigate to Library.
- Right-click the game and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to the Local Files tab.
- Click the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Open the Battle.net client on your computer.
- Click on the game.
- Click the gear icon next to the Play button and choose Scan and Repair from the menu that appears.
If all the above methods don’t work, you can reinstall the game or contact Activision Support for help.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a functional tool. It can convert MBR to GPT without data loss, migrate OS, clone hard drive, recover partitions, recover data from hard drive, etc. If you have this need, download it to have a try.