Call of Duty: Black Ops III is a first-person shooter game developed by Treyarch and published by Activision. It was released in 2015 across various platforms, including PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. From its release until now, this game has received many positive reviews.
However, some people report that they encountered the COD Black Ops 3 Split Screen not working issue. This issue bothers them a lot. Have you also encountered the same error? If so, continue reading, and then you can get some useful solutions.
Method 1. Check Hardware Compatibility
Before trying other methods to fix the COD Black Ops 3 Split Screen not working issue, you’d better check if your PC is satisfying the system requirements of COD Black Ops 3. Here are the minimum requirements of COD Black Ops 3:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
If you don’t have enough storage space to play the game, you can try releasing your disk space or expanding your hard drive where you installed the game.
To get more storage space, MiniTool Partition Wizard is a professional and worth-trying disk manager. Its Space Analyzer, Move/Resize Partition, and Extend Partition features can help you release disk space or expand your hard drive with ease.
In addition, it can also help you migrate OS to SSD without reinstalling OS, convert MBR to GPT, format USB to FAT32, partition hard drive, rebuild MBR, set partitions as logical/primary, and more. If you want to try this, you can download and install this on your PC.
Method 2. Update the Game
The outdated game version is also responsible for the COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue. In this case, you can try updating the game to fix the error. If this way can not help you fix the issue, continue reading and try other solutions in the following.
Method 3. Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphic drivers can also cause the COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue. So, you can try updating graphics drivers to fix the error. To do that, you can refer to this post: How to Update Graphics Card Drivers (NVIDIA/AMD/Intel)?
Method 4. Run the Game as an Admin
If the COD Black Ops 3 lacks some permissions, you can encounter the Black Ops 3 Split Screen problems as well. So, you can try running the game as an administrator to prevent a lack of permissions. To do that, you just need to right-click COD Black Ops 3.exe and then select Run as administrator.
Method 5. Try Using Steam in Big Picture Mode
Some people report that using Steam in Big Picture mode helps them fix COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue successfully. You can also have a try.
Method 6. Modify Steam Controller Settings
Sometimes, the controller configuration settings can cause the Black Ops 3 Split Screen problems to occur as well. In this situation, you can adjust some settings with the following steps to fix the error:
- Launch Steam, and then navigate to Steam > Settings > Controller.
- Next, select General Controller Settings under Controller Configuration.
- Uncheck all the configuration support boxes.
- After that, restart Steam and COD Black Ops 3 and check if the split screen is working.
Method 7. Scan the Game Files
Game file corruption is also related to the COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue. In this case, you can try verifying the game files of game files on Steam and scan the game files on the Battle.net client. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Steam and click Library.
- Right-click Call of Duty Black Ops 3 from the list, and select Properties > Local Files.
- After that, click Properties > Local Files.
- Launch the Battle.net and click Call of Duty Black Ops 3.
- Click the gear icon and select Scan and Repair.
- Next, click Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, turn off Battle.net, restart the computer, and check if the error has been resolved.
Method 8. Clear the Cache Data of Steam and Battle.net
If the multiplayer pack of the game is corrupted, you can also encounter the Black Ops 3 Split Screen problems. In this situation, you can try clearing the cache data of Steam and Battle.net to fix the error. Here’s the way:
Step 1. Press the Win + E to open the File Explorer window.
Step 2. Navigate to the location according to your situation:
- Steam User: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\
- Battle.net User: C:\Program Files(x86)\Battle.net\
Step 3. Search for the AppCache folder, right-click on it, and select Delete.
Step 4. Restart your device, run COD Black Ops, and see if it fixed the error.
Method 9. Reinstall the Game
If none of the above methods can help you fix COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue, you can try reinstalling the game to fix the error.
How to fix COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue? After reading this post, you can get 9 useful methods to fix it.