Windows 7 is a very popular operating system now thanks to its distinctive features. However, with the popularity of Windows, corresponding problems have also emerged. For example, how could user increase partition size for Windows 7 since the system build-in disk management tool fails to finish this operation? As far as I know, user should turn to a third-party partition manager that has powerful functions and is secure. In this regard, I would like to recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard, a professional partition manager with various functions.
Tips before increasing partition size
To insure the successful operation of increasing partition size and avoid unnecessary mistakes, user should pay attention be cautious with following circumstances:
1. Close all operating programs including anti-virus software and firewall.
2. Examine disk and disk files.
3. Defragment is recommended before increasing partition size.
4. Keep 5% to 10% free disk space so as to insure enough available free space for data exchange.
5. Copy data from the desired partition to another partition so as to guarantee data in case of an emergency.
6. Be patient while increasing partition size and never forcibly close software or computer.
7. Never modify boot partition.
To increase partition size for Windows 7, user should first select a desired partition and then click "Move/Resize" in the interface above.
In this interface, user could adjust the partition size and partition by dragging the arrows on the scrollbar or directly entering values in the textboxes below.
Now the partition has been successfully increased in this previewing interface. Lastly, click "Apply" to execute pending operation.After that, the work to increase partition size for Windows 7 is accomplished completely.
After a short period, this operation will be successfully performed.
For more information on MiniTool Partition Wizard, please go to the official website https://www.partitionwizard.com/.