What can you do to fix Xfinity router blinking orange? If you are unclear about it, pay attention to this post now! Here, MiniTool Partition Wizard summarizes possible causes and available fixes for the error.
Causes for Xfinity Router Blinking Router
Multiple factors can cause the Xfinity router blinking orange issue. The following are the most common ones.
- Scheduled maintenance or outage
- Faulty cables or loose connections
- Damage in splitter
- Outdated/buggy firmware
- Heating issues (lack of heat dissipation)
- Modem overloading
Based on the above reasons, you can check your cable damage/connection or splitter damage to solve the issue. If the Xfinity router blinking orange no Internet error still persists, perform the given methods in the post.
Why is my Spectrum router blinking red? How to solve the Spectrum router red light issue? You can find the causes and fixes for this issue in this post.
Meanings for Common Xfinity Modem Lights
Meanings for common Xfinity modem/router lights are summarized in this section.
- Unblinking white light or white light with a light purple hue: It indicates that you have an operational device that is working smoothly throughout.
- Blinking white light or a blinking white light with a purple hue: It means that your product still requires full activation.
- Solid red light: It implies that you don’t have a working Internet connection.
- Blue flashing light: Your product is looking for a connection with another wireless product.
- Orange/yellow light: Your device is taking a prolonged amount of time to reach the Internet.
- Green light: It means that the connection is solid and not experiencing connectivity issues. If the light blinks, it indicates that the connection is a bit rocky.
How to log in to Netgear router? If you don’t know, read this post now! It provides you with two methods to perform a Netgear router login.
Fix 1: Wait for the Finish of the Update Process
The blinking orange light on Xfinity router may indicate that the device is updating its firmware. In this case, you should do nothing but wait for the finish of the update process. On average, you need to wait for 15 minutes at least for the finish of the update installation. Then you will get rid of the Xfinity modem blinking orange issue.
Software upgrades are vital for the proper running of your router. Besides, they can fix various bugs and issues that affect your device.
How to update router firmware? If you are troubled by this issue, this post deserves your attention. It helps you get the latest router firmware update.
Fix 2: Reboot the Router or Modem
You can reboot your router or modem to solve the Xfinity modem/router blinking orange issue. According to user reports, this operation can resolve the issue and restore operations. To do that, simply unplug your modem or router from the outlet and then re-plug it to restart it.
After the router or modem boots up again, check if the Xfinity modem is blinking orange. If not, try other fixes in the post.
What if Bluetooth disappeared Windows 10? You don’t have to worry about it with the help of this guide. It provides you with 6 fixes for the issue.
Fix 3: Check If Your ISP Has Outages
If there is a server outage, you will encounter the Xfinity modem/router blinking orange issue. This is especially true if the light of the modem/router has been blinking for an extended period of time. You can check service outages via xFi application or the Xfinity My Account application – both of them can be downloaded from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Alternatively, you can check the company’s website to see if there are any service outages in and around your area. Then you need to wait until the service works again. If the service outage lasts longer than expected, contact your Internet Service Provider to get help.
Fix 4: Check If Your PC Meets the System Requirements of the Router
If the Xfinity router blinking orange no Internet issue occurs after you set up it, check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements of the router. When your PC doesn’t meet the requirements, the Xfinity router can’t work correctly or efficiently. Then you will experience weak signals and slow speeds.
1. Minimum system requirements vary according to the specific Xfinity router models.
2. There are 5 ways to check PC full specs.
The most basic requirements include:
- Operating system: Mainstream Microsoft – or Apple-supported OS
- CPU: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
- Ethernet: Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable
- Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer
In this case, upgrade your computer to solve the Xfinity router blinking orange no Internet error. Based on your situation, upgrade PC components.
- How to Upgrade Motherboard and CPU without Reinstalling Windows
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11? See a Detailed Guide!
- Can You Upgrade a Prebuilt PC? How to Upgrade CPU/GPU/Storage?
Fix 5: Reset the Router
The final solution to the Xfinity router blinking orange issue is to reset the router. You can do that by following these steps.
Step 1: Turn off your computer and all devices connected to your router.
Step 2: Unplug the power cable from the router.
Step 3: Wait for 60 seconds before you plug back the power cable.
Step 4: Check the status light of your router.
Alternatively, you can also reinitialize your router by pressing the Reset button.
How to fix Xfinity router blinking orange? If you are looking for the answer, read this post now! It provides you with 5 fixes. For issues related to partition and hard drive, you can fix them by using MiniTool Partition Wizard. For instance, it helps you solve partition not showing up Windows 11/10, format option greyed out, external hard drive not showing up, etc.