This post shows you how to perform a NETGEAR router login in two ways. Besides, it also offers you some tips for troubleshooting router login NETGEAR issues. Explore more details with MiniTool now!
NETGEAR, one of the most famous router manufacturers, is the first to offer users the fastest wireless router. With these routers, users can get a strong and stable network connection.
How to log in to NETGEAR router? There are two available ways to carry out router login NETGEAR. You can pick one method according to your preference.
Way 1: Log in NETGEAR Router via the Nighthawk App
Step 1: According to your mobile device, download the Nighthawk app from the App Store or Google Play.
Step 2: Ensure that your mobile device is connected to your NETGEAR router’s Wi-Fi network.
Step 3: Launch the Nighthawk app and log in to your account. If you don’t have a NETGEAR account, create one by choosing the Create Account option and following the on-screen instructions.
You need to enter the correct NETGEAR router login password and username to log into the router.
Way 2: Log in NETGEAR Router through the Web Browser
You can follow these steps if you want to perform a NETGEAR router login without downloading Nighthawk.
Step 1: Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and ensure that the device is connected to the NETGEAR network.
Step 3: Hit Enter or click Search.
Step 4: Then you may receive a notification from the browser claiming that the connection is not secure. If so, check if the web address you have typed is correct, and then proceed to the router login window.
Step 5: Likewise, type the NETGEAR router login password and username in the router login window.
Step 6: Tap OK or Log In to access the BASIC Home screen.
If this is the first time you log in or haven’t changed the login details, simply use the default. The default username is “admin”, while the default password is “password”. If you have changed the password but you forgot that, follow the steps below to recover it.
- Connect your computer to the NETGEAR Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser, type routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com, and then hit Enter.
- After the login page appears, click on Cancel. Then you will be redirected to the Router Password Recovery
- Enter the serial number of your router and click Continue.
- Answer the security questions according to instructions. If you do that correctly, your admin password will be shown on the screen. If you can’t answer the question, factory reset your router.
Default IP Addresses for NETGEAR
If login page doesn't appear after you type routerlogin.net, try the following IPs for NETGEAR.
Tips for Troubleshooting NETGEAR Router Issues
If the NETGEAR router login process fails, try fixing the issue with the tips below.
- Ensure that you are connected to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to the router in a different way.
- Power cycle router, modem, and connected devices.
- Make sure that you are using the correct web address, username, and password.
- Disable any pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad-blocking software temporarily.
- Clear browser cache when you fail to log in NETGEAR router with the browser.
- Factory reset the router.
MiniTool Partition Wizard can help you solve various errors like operating system not found, C drive running out space, boot device not found, low disk warning, FAT32 option not available, extend volume greyed out, etc. If you encounter errors like that, apply it immediately.