This article will teach you how to achieve Xbox gamertag search for profile info in three aspects: search for other people’s gamertags, search for your own gamertag as well as make use of third-party gamertag related services. Please visit partition management website for more news involving Xbox games.
About Xbox Gamertag
A gamertag is like a username for Xbox. When you play online games with others on Xbox console, they will see your gamer tag and identify you with your gamertag instead of you real name unless you use your real name as your Xbox gamertag.
Since people on Xbox are identified by gamertag, each gamertag is unique and nobody else can have the exact same gamertag as yours. When you sign up for Xbox Live, the system will assign a random gamertag that has not yet been used by others to you.
If you are not fond of the gamertag given to you, you can personalize your gamertag. During the process of customizing your gamertag, if the gamertag you input has been taken by others, the system will inform you about that and ask you to enter another one. Sometimes, you have to try several times to finally find a gamertag available to use.
How to record gameplay on Xbox One in 4 different methods? Read through this essay and find out the solutions.
Xbox Gamertag Search for Others
If you ever heard of some Xbox Live gamertag mentioned by someone for the gamer’s excellent gaming skills, you may want to search up the gamertag and add the game player as friend. Then, you can follow below instructions to complete this job.
Way 1. Search Xbox Gamertag on Official Website
Log into xbox.com with your own account. On the upper right of the page, there are Messages (default) and Friends tabs. Switch to Friends tab and you can search for game players or clubs by their gamertags there.
- In the search result list, it will rank gamertags which is active now in the top.
- If you can’t remember the whole target gamertag, you cannot search it out by only input part of the gamertag, for the search system can’t associate related gamertags.
- If you do not have a specific searching object, you can add the suggested friends for you below the search column. Also, you can find your Facebook friends on Xbox and add them.
Way 2. Search Xbox Gamertag from Xbox App
There is Xbox mobile app. So, you can download it to your cellphone and look for the gamertag of some gamers there.
Way 3. Search Xbox Gamertag through Xbox
Press the home button. Scroll to the left with the guide button. Find the search option and finally search people by their gamertags.
Related reading: How to Start Xbox Live Party on Windows 10 via Xbox Game Bar
Xbox Gamertag Search for Yourself
Sometimes, when you can’t log into your Xbox account or can’t remember your random gamertag (assigned by the system), you have to look for it.
If you can’t sign in your Xbox account, you can try following methods to find your gamertag.
- Search for your email box to find the Xbox registration success info email. Within the email, there should be your gamertag.
- If you make a change to your gamertag after signing up, there should also be an Xbox info change notification email unless you unsubscribed the email notification before gamertag change.
- Look for the screenshots or videos that you share to your social media showing your gaming high light moments. Your gamertag may be contained on some picture or video.
- Ask for your friends or families about whether someone of them remembers your Xbox gamertag.
- Try to recover your Xbox account with email address, recovery email, phone number, special questions, etc.
If you can still log into your Xbox account, it is easy to do Xbox gamertag search.
- No matter which device you are using, you can find your gamertag in your profile page.
- If you are using Xbox console, go to the home screen and your gamertag is on the top left.
- If you are using Xbox app, just look for your gamertag in profile section by clicking your account pic.
- If you are using a computer, go to account.xbox.com and your gamertag is on the upper right next to your avatar.
How to record from Microsoft game DVR VRChat cover by Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10? This post will guide you step by step.
Xbox Gamertag Search with Third-party Service
If all above ways fail to help you find your gamertag, you can rely on third party services to do the task.
Xbox Gamertag Lookup
The xboxgamertag.com is a free gamertag search engine special for looking up any Xbox Live game player profile (Xbox profile search), including gamertag, avatar, motto, gamerscore, achievements, recent games, etc. It’s a member of xbox.com community developer program and supports both Xbox One gamertag search and Xbox 360 gamertag search.
Xbox Gamercard Generator
Xboxgamertag.com also provides gamercard generator to sum up your Xbox Live profile within a small image. Then, it is convenient for you to show off your Xbox level by sharing your new gamercard to social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.), websites, forums and so on.
Xbox Gamertag Generator
If you rack your brains but still fail to find a gamertag that suits you, you may try the gamertag generator service offered by xboxgamertag.com. It has local and community suggestions for you.
Xbox Live Leaderboard
Here, in this page, it lists top 30 Xbox Live gamertags ranked by their game scores. The highest score is over 2 million holding by smrnov. And, this list is mutative; it will change along with the gamerscore numbers and the rank is also different in different time.
Until now, have you learned about how to carry out Xbox gamertag search? If you still have some questions about Xbox Live gamertag search, please feel free to contact our support team via email at [email protected].