Do you have a Wii U Pro Controller and want to connect it to PC? There may be many Wii U Pro Controller PC guides online and you don't know which one is useful. In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard offers 2 ways to you.
About Wii U Pro Controller
Wii U is a home game console launched by Nintendo after the Wii. It is the successor model of the Wii. It was first announced on June 7, 2011 and launched on December 8, 2012. It is the first home game console in Nintendo's history that supports 1080p resolution.
However, Nintendo announced in November 2016 that it would discontinue the production of Wii U consoles in Japan, and on January 31, 2017, announced that it would officially discontinue Wii U worldwide. To control Wii U consoles, Wii U GamePad is the best choice, but this console also supports Wii U Pro controller.
Can Wii U Pro controller be used on PC? Nowadays, more and more people want to use controllers on PC. If you have a Wii U Pro controller, you may also want to use it on your PC.
- How to Connect an Xbox 360 Controller to a Windows PC in 2021
- 3 Simple Ways to Connect Xbox One Controller to a Windows PC
- How to Use PS3 Controller on PC Windows 10?
- How to Connect Switch Pro Controller to PC? Here Are Answers
- How to Use PS4 Controller on PC? – Here’s a Full Guide
How to Connect Wii U Pro Controller to PC
To use Wii U Pro Controller PC, you should know how to connect Wii U Pro Controller to PC. There are two ways for you:
- Buy a Mayflash adapter to play any 360 gamepad-supported PC game using your Wii U Pro controller.
- Purchase a bluetooth adapter to connect your Wii U Pro controller to the PC to act as a generic PC gamepad. If your PC have built-in Bluetooth device, you don't need to buy the adapter.
The first option offers better gaming experience. But some people may like to try the second option, especially if their PCs have built-in Bluetooth device. How do I use my Wii U Pro controller on PC wired?
There are many ways for you. But to use them, you should install Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (http://www.smoothboard.net/wiiremoteplus/). Please note that this software only offers 30-day trial period if your PC is not a Toshiba PC.
Note: Many people recommend uninstalling the Microsoft built-in Bluetooth driver and install Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, because the latter offers more powerful functions.
When I search online to find how to connect Wii U Pro Controller to PC wirelessly, I find most people recommend the following two programs: Wii U Pro Controller and WiinUSoft. You can download them from GitHub platform: https://github.com/KeyPuncher/WiinUPro/releases.
As for how to use them, you can refer to the following post:
- https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/3bzdx0/wii_u_pro_controller_as_xbox_controller_on/ (this post is the guide for WiinUSoft.)
- https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-to-pc-program-release.343159/ (this post offers latest Wii U Pro Controller software and the guide in the readme file.)
Setting WiinUSoft may be more complicated. It seems that the Wii U Pro Controller PC software is simpler. You just need to uninstall Microsoft Bluetooth Radio, install Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, connect Wii U Pro Controller to Bluetooth, and then run the Wii U Pro Controller PC software.
If you want to connect Wii U Pro Controller to PC, choose one of them according to your needs.