WBFS is an image file format used for Wii games. However, some game emulators like Dolphin only support ISO file format. In this case, you need to convert WBFS to ISO. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard offers you 2 tools to do that.
Why Convert WBFS to ISO
What is WBFS? It is originally a file system and its full name is Wii Backup File System. WBFS is a game backup mode produced during the research of running backup games on Nintendo home machine Wii.The inventor is the hacker Kwiirk.
The purpose of WBFS file system is mainly to improve the operating efficiency of USB storage devices. WBFS used the Linux system to operate in the early days and cannot be identified under the Windows system.
Later on, in order to make the WBFS file system more versatile and able to use commonly used hard disk formats, the hackers finally developed a way to simulate WBFS under NTFS file system. Then, the WBFS image format was born.
The suffix of the WBFS image file is .wbfs. Now, people almost always use NTFS format hard disk to store WBFS images.
What is ISO? It is an archive format used to create image files that package the contents of the entire CD/DVD device. This format is widely supported by many programs. Some game emulators only support ISO file format. In this case, you may need to convert WBFS to ISO.
How to Convert WBFS to ISO
To convert WBFS to ISO, you can use the following programs.
1. Wii Backup Manager
Wii Backup Manager is a freeware to work with DVD backups, FAT32, NTFS and WBFS drives to convert between DVD, ISO, CISO and WBFS. It can also extract Wii games to the format used by SNEEK.
This software can convert ISO to WBFS and convert it back. Many people suggest using this software. Here is the guide:
- Download the latest Wii Backup Manager and launch it.
- In the right panel, under Files tab, click Add > Folder. Choose the WBFS file you want to convert.
- Check the WBFS file and click Transfer > ISO. Now, it will start the converting process.
2. WBFS to ISO
WBFS to ISO is small freeware that converts WBFS files into ISO files. It is a very useful tool for the all Wii game fans.
This software can support the following ISO format: Wii game ISO (Wii Disc 1:1 Copy, File size: 4.37G), CISO (Compact ISO, File size: almost same with source file), and ISO 9660 (CD/DVD Image, File size: almost same with source file).
To use this software, please refer to the following guide:
- Download the WBFS to ISO tool.
- Run the setup file and follow the prompts to install the program on your computer.
- Launch the WBFS to ISO converter app on your computer. Click the Open button and then choose the WBFS file you want to convert.
- Click the Select button and then select a saving location for your converted ISO file. The converted ISO file will be saved there.
- Select an ISO format for your converted file and then click the Convert
What are ISO files? Why do you need them? How to create them? This post will explore these questions and offer you several best free ISO creators.