Have you encountered Terraria Join Via Steam not working issue when you plan to join your friend's world. In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard offers you 4 ways to fix this issue. You can try them one by one.
Terraria Join Via Steam Not Working
Terraria is a 2D sandbox simulation game. The game features are exploring, creating, building, and fighting against various creatures in a randomly generated 2D world. The game was generally positively reviewed when it was released, and its sandbox elements were well received. As of the end of 2020, the cumulative sales volume exceeded 35 million sets.
Terraria allows multiplayer mode. Users can create a world or join a world to play. However, some people report that they have encountered Terraria Join Via Steam not working issue when joining a world. The symptoms are as follows:
- Click the Join via Steam option, but it does nothing.
- It gets stuck on "Connecting to".
- It starts saying "joining ..." then says "lost connection".
How to solve the Terraria Join Via Steam not working issue? The following methods may help you.
This post offers 4 ways to solve the Terraria not launching issue. You can try them if common solutions don't work.
Fix 1. Ask Your Friend to Send You an Invite
When the host users create the world, they are prompted to choose a Steam multiplayer mode (Friends Only or Invite Only). If they choose Friend Only, their friends can join the world directly through Multiplayer > Join via Steam.
But if they choose Invite Only, they should send their friends an invite and then their friends can join the world. So, asking your friend to send you an invite may solve the problem.
Fix 2. Making a Correct Character
If you want to join someone’s Classic Mode game, you should have a Classic Character. If you want to join a Journey Mode game, you should have a Journey Character. If the game character is incorrect, Terraria lost connection issue is very likely to happen.
Have you come across Terraria crashing on startup? A lot of users are troubled by this issue. If you are trying to fix Terraria crashing, there are 6 solutions.
Fix 3. Update Terraria
Terraria allows users to play any of the older versions that they want. But running outdated games may cause Terraria Join Via Steam not working issue. Please update the game to the latest version.
In addition, Steam Multiplayer for Terraria was introduced in 18.104.22.168, so this method won't work if you haven't yet updated.
Fix 4. Network Related Issues
If the above methods don't work for you, you should troubleshoot network issues as follows:
- Check whether you have a good network connection. If the network connection is poor, you may be stuck on "connecting to" for a long time.
- Check whether you are "online" on Steam. If your status is "away" or something, please change it to online.
- Restart the host server.
- Check whether the game is blocked by your Firewall or anti-virus programs. If so, please disable anti-virus temporarily and add the game into the whitelist of the Firewall.
- Port forwarding isn't set up. This may also cause Terraria Join Via Steam not working issue. In this case, please enable the feature on your router immediately. You can do so by logging into your browser through the gateway access on your own, or you can call your ISP to help you out with it.