If you are interested in PS5 VR, you must want to know the PS VR 2 release date. Well, this post from MiniTool would introduce this PS5 VR headset including its release date, specifications, and features.
PS VR 2 Release Date
Sony is the only one out of the three major console manufacturers that has produced its own VR headset. However, the present model, released in 2016, only works with the previous generations of games. Besides, it can’t compete with the best VR headsets on the market with its hardware and graphical specs.
Fortunately, Sony announced a new generation of PlayStation VR headsets in February 2021. At that time, the details are thin on the ground, but it could be confirmed that a PlayStation 5 compatible VR headset is under development.
The PSVR 2 is the next-generation VR headset, which will work exclusively with PS5 game consoles and follow the footsteps of the original VR headset. According to Sony’s CEO, the company is focused on making PS5 VR the ultimate entertainment experience with dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity.
The PlayStation 5 VR is about to be released at the end of 2022. Nevertheless, it might be pushed back to 2023 due to supply chain issues.
If you are a gamer, you must be familiar with game consoles. What is the best-selling console of all time? This post lists them one by one.
PS5 VR Headset Specifications
The specifications of this new PlayStation VR headset will be listed in a table. In order to show its advancement over the previous PSVR, we would list parameters of two headsets.
|Display Per Eye||960 x 1080||2000 x 2040|
|Field of View||Estimated around 95 degrees horizontal, 111 degrees vertical||Around 110 degrees, direction undisclosed|
|Lens Separation||Yes||Adjustable (specifics TBA)|
|Audio||Headphone jack||Headphone jack|
Features of PlayStation 5 VR
Before talking about PS5 VR features, we would like to discuss its appearance. In a PlayStation Blog post, Sony reveals what the PSVR2 looks like. The PS5 VR headset boasts a sleek white form factor with a white shell. Similar to the design of the old headset, the PSVR 2 headset includes some new features that will make it more comfortable to wear for long periods.
There are features of the PlayStation 5 VR headset.
- Single-cable connection: You can connect the PS5 VR headset to the PlayStation 5 console’s front USB port with a cable. After that, you can play VR games immediately.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech: Since in-game audio will dynamically adapt to your position and head movements, you will be surrounded by incredibly realistic soundscapes. You can sense a character’s presence as they whisper in your ear, so you are able to locate friends and enemies by gunfire or footfall.
- 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range) Display: It allows you to experience breath-taking virtual environments in clear focus.
- Eye Tracking: As the PS VR 2 headset can detect the motion of your eyes, you can interact in new and lifelike ways. Besides, it allows for heightened emotional response and enhanced expression when meeting gamers online. Eye-tracking cameras will follow your line of sight when aiming or looking around. The advanced foveated rendering techniques boost visual experience by adjusting resolutions to pinpoint.
- Inside-out tracking: As the PS5 VR tracks you and your controller through cameras built in the headset, you can play freely. The direction you look and your movements are reflected in-game without the need of an external camera.
- Enhanced Comfort: You can enjoy comfortable play sessions through a large 110º field of view and light and well-balanced Fresnel lens. The lens adjustment dial enables you to customize spacing between lenses to match the distance between your eyes for the best onscreen image. The PlayStation VR headset also includes a vent that allows airflow to the lenses, decreases fogging, and improves player comfort.
- Headset feedback: You will feel subtle and responsive headset vibrations at key moments during gameplay. Generated by a single embedded motor, these vibrations add an intelligent tactile element to the sensory immersion experienced as you play. Besides, they are capable of detecting the character’s elevated pulse during tense moments, the rush of objects passing close to your head, or the thrust of your vehicle.