If you want to a PS4 console, you may want to know about PS4 vs PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro. Comparing the three PS4 models can help you decide which PS4 model you want to buy. In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard explains their differences clearly to you.
At the first launch of PlayStation 4 in 2013, there was only the original PS4 model available on the market. But later on, Sony released two further redesigned models, the “Slim” and “Pro” models. Therefore, there are 3 different PS4 models now available that each looks and play slightly differently from one another.
Then, which PS4 model is the best one for you? You may want to know about PS4 vs PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro. First, please look at the following chart about PS4 vs PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro specs:
|PS4||PS4 Slim||PS4 Pro|
|CPU||1.6GHz 8-core AMD custom “Jaguar” CPU||2.1GHz 8-core AMD custom “Jaguar” CPU|
|GPU||Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 800MHz with 1.84 teraflops of performance||Integrated AMD Polaris graphics with 4.2 teraflops of performance|
|RAM||8GB GDDR5||8GB GDDR5 + 1GB DDR3|
|Storage||500GB (5,400rpm) replacable hard drive||1TB replacable hard drive|
|Dimensions||12. x 10.8x 2 inches||11 x 10 x 1.5 inches||12.8 x 11.6 x 2.1 inches|
|Weight||Black or white||Black||Black or white|
802.11 B/G/N, 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 2.1
802.11 B/G/N/AC, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, Bluetooth 4.0
802.11A/B/G/N/AC, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
|Internet Subscription||PS Plus required to play online|
|Ports||HDMI, analog-AV out, 2xUSB 3.0, AUX, S/PDIF||HDMI, analog-AV out, 2xUSB 3.1, AUX||HDMI, 3x USB 3.1, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x PS Camera, S/PDIF, AUX|
|4K Support||Yes (video only)||Yes|
|Release Price||$399.99,€399.99, £349.99||$299.99, €349.99/£299.99||$399.99, €399 / £349|
|Current Price||$299.99, €349.99/£299.99||$299.99, €349.99/£299.99||$399.99, €399 / £349|
This article gives a detailed introduction to “PS4 hard drive size”. Furthermore, it states how to upgrade PS4 hard drive without data loss.
PS4 vs PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro
After learning about PS4 vs PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro specs, we can now talk about the differences between them.
PS4 vs PS4 Slim
Comparing the original PS4 vs PS4 Slim specs, you can find that the main hardware parameters are almost the same: same CPU, GPU, RAM, and hard drive. The differences between them are as follows:
- PS4 Slim is smaller and lighter.
- Original PS4 model offers you extra white color option.
- PS4 Slim offers more networking options and higher Bluetooth version (higher version means faster transfer speed).
- In terms of ports, PS4 Slim offers higher-speed USB but it removes S/PDIF (this port can offer high-quality voice and sound effect).
From the above aspects, you can see that PS4 and PS4 Pro are almost similar to each other and they are difficult to widen the gap.
This post recommends 4 suitable PS4 SSDs to you and shows you how to upgrade PS4 to SSD without data loss.
PS4/PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro
In terms of PS4 Slim vs PS4 Pro or PS4 vs PS4 Pro, you can see that PS4 Pro is obviously better than PS4/PS4 Slim.
Comparing PS4/PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro, PS4 Pro has the following advantages:
- Better CPU: PS4 Pro CPU runs at a higher 2.1GHz frequency, which is 500MHz faster than the PS4/PS4 Slim.
- Better GPU: PS4 Pro features a 4.2 teraflop GPU clocked at 911MHz based on AMD’s Polaris micro-architecture. This is 2.2x as much as the PS4/PS4 Slim.
- Extra RAM: PS4 Pro adds 1GB of conventional DDR3 RAM.
- Full 4K Support: Due to the better CPU,GPU, and RAM, PS4 Pro offers a full support for 4K.
- Larger Storage and Higher Transfer Speed: PS4 Pro comes with 1TB capacity, which is twice the size of PS4/PS4 Slim. PS4 Pro uses SATA III interface (6Gbps), which is twice faster than SATA II (3Gbps) used by the original PS4 and PS4 Slim. This means that if you install an SSD in the PS4 Pro, it can be dramatically faster and reach theoretical speeds of 6Gbps.
- Others: PS4 Pro offers more and better options in networking and ports.
From the above aspects, you can know PS4 Pro is the best model among various PS4 models. If your budget permits, I recommend you to buy PS4 Pro.