What is DOS? What can Dos do? Is there any DOS partition manager can be used under DOS environment? What can you do when the DOS partition manager can’t boot? This post will show you the answers and you can also manage disk and partition with the DOS partition tool – MiniTool Partition Wizard under DOS environment.
What Is DOS?
DOS, whose full name is the disk operating system, is a kind of operating system on the personal computer. The family of DOS includes MS-DOS, DR-DOS, PTS-DOS, ROM-DOS, FREE-DOS, JM-DOS and so on. And the most famous one is the MS-DOS which is developed by Microsoft.
And the DOS command is a disk-oriented operation command, including directory operation command, disk operation command, file operation command and other commands.
So it can manage the disk and partition by inputting the command. And in the following part, we will simply show you how it manages the partition and disk.
How Does DOS Manage Disk and Partition?
In this part, we will show you what the DOS can do to manage the disk and partition.
As a matter of fact, the DOS can manage the disk and partition by imputing the required command. For example, it can input the following disk operation commands.
- Format a hard drive. Formatting a hard drive is a way to release more free space.
- Unformat. The unformat command is used to undo the formatting on a hard drive performed by the MS-DOS format command.
- Chkdsk command. The chkdsk command often referred to as check disk, is used to identify and correct certain hard drive errors.
- Diskcopy command. The disk command is used to copy the entire contents of one floppy disk to another.
- Label command. The label command is used to manage the partition label of a disk. For example, it can create, change, or delete a label of the partition.
- Vol command. The Vol command shows the volume label and a serial number of a specified disk, assuming this information exists.
- Scandisk command. It is used to check whether the disk fat tables, directory structures, or the file system has problems and fix the problems if they have.
- Defrag command. It is used to defrag the disk so as to remove the fragments. The defrag command is the command line version of Microsoft’s Disk Defragmenter.
- Sys command. The sys command is used to copy the MS-DOS system files and command interpreter to a disk. The sys command is used most often to create a simple bootable disk or hard drive.
Have you ever troubled for by disk error or a partition error? This post will show you how to check hard drive for error and fix them.
In the above part, you can see that the DOS can do some operations to the disk and partition by inputting the related commands.
However, imputing command to manage disk and partition is difficult and complicated since it is easy to encounter some problems.
Thus, is there any partition magic DOS can run under DOS environment? The answer is positive.
How to Manage Disk and Partition with MiniTool Partition Wizard?
As a matter of fact, MiniTool Partition Wizard is a good DOS partition tool which can be used to manage disk and partition under DOS environment.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a professional partition manager which is designed to optimize partition and disk use with its various powerful features.
And in order to run under DOS environment, the bootable edition of MiniTool Partition Wizard is required, which even can be used to boot your computer when the DOS can’t boot.
Therefore, you can purchase MiniTool Partition Wizard first and we will show you how to create a bootable CD so as to manage the disk and partition.
Step 1: Install MiniTool Partition Wizard on a computer which is in Windows 10/8/7/XP/2003 and launch it to enter its main interface.
Step 2: In the tools bar, click Bootable Media to continue.
Step 3: Next, you can go on the instruction to create the bootable CD/DVD or USB drive.
Step 4: Then you need to boot your computer with disk operating system using the partition magic DOS boot USB drive. Here, you can read the post How to Boot from Burned MiniTool Bootable CD/DVD Discs or USB Flash Drive to know more.
Step 5: After entering the MiniTool Recovery environment, you can see that this DOS partition manager can help you to manage disk and partitions, such as checking disk, checking file system, formatting partitions, copying partitions or disks and so on. You can refer to the following picture to know more features of managing partition and disk.
So with this DOS partition tool – MiniTool Partition Wizard, you can successfully manage partition and disk under DOS environment.
This MiniTool Partition Wizard bootable edition can help me to manage disk and partition even under DOS environment. It is very powerful and effective. I’d like to share it with more friends.Click to Tweet
In this post, we have introduced what the DOS is and what disk operation command it can make. And we also have introduced a DOS partition tool which can be used to manage partition and disk under DOS environment.
In addition, if you have any problem about MiniTool Partition Wizard, please feel free to contact us via the email [email protected].