If you use MSI motherboards and graphics cards on your desktop PCs, you can use MSI Live Update to update BIOS and drivers. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to do that.
What Is MSI Live Update?
MSI Live Update is free software offered by MSI to its users to download BIOS, drivers, firmware, and utilities for the MSI products. Currently, the latest version is MSI Live Update 6.
To run this software, your PC should meet the following requirements:
- Your PC is a desktop PC that uses MSI motherboards and graphics cards.
- Do NOT use Live Update for MSI AIO PCs and Notebooks. Installing MSI Live Update on them may experience unexpected errors.
- .NET Framework 4.0 is required.
- It supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32/64bit) OS.
Which .NET Framework is installed on your Windows 10? If you are not sure about it, you can read this post to learn about how to check .NET Framework Version.
MSI Live Update Download and Install
MSI offers a page about MSI Live Update 6 Instruction. On this page, you can click the Download Live Update 6 to get this software. If nothing occurs after you click this button, you can right-click on this button, and copy its link address. Then, paste the address to another window and press Enter. In this way, you can get the MSI Live Update 6 installation zip file.
The address is as follows: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/mb/LiveUpdate.zip. You can get the zip file directly.
After downloading the MSI Live Update zip file, unzip it and then run the .exe file to install this software.
How to Use MSI Live Update
You can use MSI Live Update to update BIOS and drivers. Here is the guide:
- Launch MSI Live Update and you will see the Live update page.
- On this page, choose Manual scan or Automatic scan. The former will allow you to select the items you wish to scan (MB driver, MB BIOS, VGA BIOS, MSI utility, or Optional utility) while the latter will automatically scan all the items and search for the latest update files.
- After drivers and BIOS are listed, select drivers you need to download and install. Installing drivers is very easy and will be completed soon. If you want to install BIOS, you need to choose the install location and go through the BIOS setup process. You can keep default options all the way.
MSI Live Update No Internet Connection
To update drivers and BIOS, MSI Live Update requires an Internet connection. Otherwise, the update will fail. However, some people report that they get the No Internet Connection error during the update process. When this error occurs, please stop updating drivers and then troubleshoot your network.
Some people will not recommend your use Live Update to update BIOS, one of the important reasons is the network. For security, you can update MSI BIOS via a USB drive. You can refer to this post: How to Update BIOS MSI? – Here’s Your Complete Guide.
Is this article useful to you? Do you know other information about MSI Live Update? Please share them with us in the following comment zone. I will appreciate that very much.