Do you want to install macOS Monterey on your device? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard offers you the full macOS Monterey download and install guide. You can have a try.
macOS Monterey Review
Released in Oct 2021, macOS Monterey (version 12) is the current major release of macOS. It has the following new changes:
- FaceTime supports the simulcast sharing function. Users can watch movies, listen to songs, or share the screen with each other during a FaceTime call. In addition, it also supports the portrait background blur function.
- Universal Control allows users to have a single keyboard and mouse setup transformation between macOS and iPadOS devices for a more seamless workflow.
- It allows users to use Mac's screen and speakers to play content from an iPhone, iPad, or other Mac.
- Quick Notes can jot down ideas and store links while using any application.
- It supports the Focus Mode, allowing users to only receive notifications that they want to see.
Portrait Mode in FaceTime requires an Apple M1 or newer processor from Apple.
Of course, macOS Monterey also brings many other new changes. To know about these changes in detail, you can go to this page.
This post introduces macOS Sierra and shows you how to download and install macOS Sierra on a device. You can have a try.
Should I Upgrade to Monterey?
Currently, not all features promised by Apple are added to macOS Monterey, but I still recommend you upgrade to Monterey to experience the new version. However, you should make sure your device meets the following requirements:
- iMac: Late 2015 or later
- iMac Pro: 2017 or later
- MacBook: Early 2016 or later
- MacBook Air: Early 2015 or later
- MacBook Pro: Early 2015 or later
- Mac mini: Late 2014 or later
- Mac Pro: 2013 or later
This post shows you how to download and install macOS Big Sur, an old version of macOS. You can have a try.
macOS Monterey Download and Install
If you want to download and install macOS Monterey on your device, you can refer to the following steps:
Step 1: Back up Mac so you don't lose any valuable personal data if things go awry.
- Connect an external hard disk or Time Capsule with a USB, FireWire, or Thunderbolt cable.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select System Preferences... from the dropdown menu.
- Select Time Machine in the System Preferences window.
- Turn the Time Machine slider On.
- Click Select Backup Disk and choose the disk you'd like to use. Then, Time Machine will format the hard drive for backups and start within two minutes.
Step 2: Download and install macOS Monterey.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Software Update.
- Click Upgrade Now next to "macOS Monterey." The device will download and install macOS Monterey automatically.
If you want to turn on automatic updates, you can go to the Software Update page again and then tick the box for Automatically keep my Mac up to date. Then, you don't have to manually update macOS every time a new one launches.
This post introduces macOS Mojave (version 10.14) to you and shows you how to download and install this macOS version on your device.
Are you interested in MiniTool Partition Wizard? This software can help you clone the system, manage disks better, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.