Package Installer for Python (pip) is used to install and manage software packages/libraries written in Python. This tool is very useful. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to install pip on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs.
Most distributions of Python come with pip preinstalled. However, if you select Customize installation when installing Python, it will allow you to uncheck the pip. If you do that, pip will be removed. If you want to use this tool later, you need to install it separately.
How to Install PIP on Windows
cURL is a command tool in Python for transferring data requests to and from a server. It’s usually used to download files, test REST APIs, etc. With this tool, you can download and install pip Windows more easily.
To install pip Windows using cURL, you just need to open Command Prompt and then execute the following commands one by one:
- curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py
- python get-pip.py
Once the pip installation is completed, you should verify whether it is installed correctly using the command “pip -V”.
Then, you need to add the pip to your PATH to avoid path errors. Here is the guide:
- Press “Windows key + R” to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run box, type “sysdm.cpl” and press Enter to open the System Properties window.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
- Double-click the PATH variable under System Variables.
- Click New, and add the directory where pip is installed. Then, select OK.
How to upgrade pip on Windows? You just need to execute the command “python -m pip install -U pip”.
How to Fix PIP Is Not Recognized in Windows Command Prompt?
How to Install PIP on Mac
To install pip Mac, you can also use the cURL tool. Here is the guide:
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, type “terminal” in the search field, and then click Terminal to open it.
- Execute the command “python3 --version” to check whether Python3 is installed. If it is, you can go to the next step.
- Execute the command “curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py” to download the get-pip.py file and store it in the same directory as python is installed.
- Execute the command “python3 get-pip.py” to run the get-pip.py file.
- After the pip installation is completed, you can use the command “pip3 –version” to verify if the pip has been installed correctly.
How to upgrade pip on Mac? You just need to execute the command “python3 -m pip install –upgrade pip”.
You can know if your Python is the latest version by checking its version information. Well, this post tells you how to check Python version.
How to install PIP on Linux
Here, I will take Ubuntu as an example to show you how to install pip Linux.
When you install Python on Linux using commands, it will not offer your option to remove pip. But if pip is missing for some reason, you can install pip Ubuntu through the following guide:
- Open the terminal by pressing “Ctrl + Alt + T”.
- Execute the command “sudo apt update” to update the package list.
- Execute the command “sudo apt install python3-pip” to install pip for Python 3. This command will also install all the dependencies required for building Python modules.
- Once the installation is complete, execute the command “pip3 --version” to verify the installation.
The Python is not recognized as internal or external command issue when running Windows Command Prompt, but it confuses many people. Here are fixes.
Are you interested in MiniTool Partition Wizard? This software can help you clone the system, manage disks better, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.
User Comments :Post Comment