If you want to donate or sell your PC, or you want to get rid of some viruses, you may need to factory reset your PC. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to factory reset Acer laptops.
For Windows 7 Users
If you can enter Windows 7, you can factory reset Acer laptop as follows:
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore.
- In the right pane, click the “Recover system settings or your computer” link, and then click the “Advanced recovery methods” link.
- Choose “Return your computer to factory condition” option.
- Then, the PC will ask you whether to back up files now. Please click the Skip button if you have backed your files before.
- Click the Restart After the restart, you will see the Acer eRecovrey Management.
- In the Select Restore Type tab, it will offer two options: Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults and Restore Operating System and Retain User Data. If you want to donate or sell your PC later, choose the first option. Otherwise, choose the second one.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
What if your PC won’t boot? Here is the guide on how to factory reset Acer laptop when it won’t boot:
- Power off your Acer laptop.
- Restart your Acer laptop and press Alt key + F10 key when you see the Acer logo. This will open the Acer eRecovrey Management. Then, you can reset the Acer laptop in the same way described above.
This article shows you how to delete everything on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with 3 ways step by step. You can choose one of them according to your condition.
For Windows 8/10 Users
If you can enter the OS, you can factory reset Acer laptop as follows:
- Click the Startbutton and then select Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Recovery.
- In the right pane, under Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- You will get two options: Keep my files and Remove everything. The former will remove apps and settings, but keep your personal files. If you want to delete your personal files, please choose Remove everything.
- Then, you are asked to choose remove everything on All drives or Only the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to delete all files on your PC, please choose All drives.
- Then, it will offer you the following two options: Just remove my files and Remove files and clean the drive.
- Choose one option and then start the reset process.
How to reset Acer laptop when it won’t boot? The simplest way is still using the Alt + F10 hotkey. Here is the guide:
- Please power off your Acer laptop and then power on it again.
- Press Alt key + F10 key when you see the Acer logo. This will open the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Click Troubleshoot > Reset your PC. Click Next to continue. Then, you will be offered the following two options: Just remove my files and Fully clean the drive.
- Choose one option, read what will happen, and then click the Reset The reset process will begin.
Of course, in Windows 8/10, there are many other ways to factory reset a laptop. To know more methods, please read this post: How to Factory Reset Laptop Easily in Windows 10/8/7 (3 Ways).