What to do if you encounter the “Elden Ring unable to summon cooperator” error? If you are bothered by this guide, you can pay attention to this post of MiniTool. It provides you with several troubleshooting methods.
When Elden Ring can’t summon friends, it may prompt you with an error message stating “Unable to summon cooperator, failed to join session error”. Given that fact, it is also referred to as failed to join session error. What causes the error? Reasons are listed in the section below.
Why Am I Unable to Summon Cooperator Elden Ring
Multiple factors can cause the “unable to summon cooperator Elden Ring” issue. For instance, it could happen because other gamers have summoned the same operator ahead of you. Issues with the network can also cause the unable to summon cooperator error. In addition to that, the following elements can also lead to the mentioned issue.
- There’s an ongoing server issue. For instance, the Elden Ring server is down.
- Game files are corrupted.
- There are issues with DNS.
- Unnecessary background applications are running on your PC.
- The in-game network settings are improper.
What to do if whitelist error Warzone occurs? Well, this post would provide you with some available troubleshooting methods.
Solution 1: Check Internet Connection
Check if your Internet connection is unstable or weak by using Internet speed test tools. For any network issues, try resetting your router and modem. You can also run the Network Troubleshooter to fix issues. If there are multiple devices connected to a network, try disconnecting them to prevent bandwidth throttling.
Besides, use a wired connection rather than a wireless one if possible. If the unable to summon cooperator error still persists, use other solutions to solve the issue.
Solution 2: Check the Status of Elden Ring Server
First and foremost, ensure that Elden Ring has launched in your region. The release time of Elden Ring on consoles including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S is midnight on February 25th, 2022. Then you can check the status of Elden Ring’s server using the methods below.
- Get real-time information and updates from the official Elden Ring Twitter.
- Pay attention to the Subreddit where gamers would complain about the game’s multiplayer server status.
- Check if the multiplayer doesn’t work.
- For gamers on PCs, move to the official Steam website to see if there’s any Elden Ring outage or maintenance.
- For gamers on PlayStation, navigate to the PlayStation network server status website.
- For gamers on Xbox, head to the Xbox Status page to see the Elden Ring server status.
If the server is down, wait patiently until it works again.
Is Elden Ring cross platform? What is Elden Ring multiplayer? If you are bothered by these questions, read this post with attention.
Solution 3: Restart Elden Ring
Another simple solution to the unable to summon cooperator Elden Ring error is to restart Elden Ring. Simply close the game and then re-launch it again. If you play the Elden Ring Steam version, close both the Elden Ring game client and the Steam launcher.
- For doing that, open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Windows icon and clicking Task Manager.
- Find and highlight the processes for the game and Steam, and then click the End task
- After that, re-launch the Steam launcher and run Elden Ring.
Solution 4: Check and Repair Game Files
Corrupted or missing game files can also cause Elden Ring unable to summon cooperator. For that, you can check and repair the Elden Ring game files by following the steps below.
Step 1: Open Steam and move to LIBRARY.
Step 2: Find the Elden Ring game, and then right-click on it and tap the Properties option.
Step 3: Navigate to the LOCAL FILES tab and click the Verify integrity of game files button.
Step 4: Wait for the finish of the process and relaunch the game to see if the unable to summon cooperator error is solved.
Is Ghost of Tsushima on PC? What’s the Ghost of Tsushima PC release date? Answers and some FAQs about Ghost of Tsushima PC are revealed in this post.
Solution 5: Check If Your Are Summoned by Others
It means that you are summoned by others if the “Elden Ring unable to summon cooperator” error occurs when you send them invitations to join your game world. Furlcalling Finger Remedy, a multiplayer product, enables you to check the summon signs.
There are several ways to get this program.
- It might be dropped by the Host of Fingers, Bloody Finger Nerijus, or Recusant Henricus while an invasion.
- You can explore the Castle Morne area to find it or get it at Stormveil Castle.
- You can craft it with x2 Erdleaf Flowers.
- Buy it from Merchant Kale.
Solution 6: Set up Game Network Settings
If Elden Ring can’t summon friends because of improper in-game network settings, set up it from scratch.
Step 1: Open the Settings in the game and move to Network > System.
Step 2: Open the in-game menu and head to System > Network.
Step 3: Choose Cross-Region as “Perform Matchmaking” and launch Settings as “Play Online”.
Solution 7: Update Elden Ring
Check if there are any available game updates for Elden Ring. If you find one, download and install it. New updates and game patches usually can fix bugs and errors. You can also have a try.
Solution 8: Reinstall Elden Ring
The final solution is to reinstall Elden Ring. This operation can solve plenty of issues with the game. To do that, there are steps.
Step 1: Launch the Steam client and move to LIBRARY.
Step 2: Right-click on Elden Ring and select Manage > Uninstall.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall Elden Ring by opening Settings > clicking Apps > finding and clicking Elden Ring > taping Uninstall twice.
Step 3: After the uninstallation process ends, download and install it from its official website.
Step 4: Run the game again to see if the Elden Ring unable to summon cooperator error is fixed.