Is your Nintendo Switch not connecting to TV? Do you want to know how to connect Nintendo Switch to TV smoothly? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard will show you how to enable the TV mode and tells you what to do if the console won't connect to TV.
How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV
The Nintendo Switch is a video game console, developed by Nintendo and released worldwide in most regions on March 3, 2017. It is a tablet that can be used as either a home console or a portable device, making it a hybrid console.
If you buy a Nintendo Switch console, you will get the following parts: a 6.2-inch tablet, two Joy-Con controllers, a Joy-Con grip, a Nintendo Switch dock, an HDMI cable and a charger. With the two Joy-Con controllers attached to the side of the 6.2-inch tablet (Switch’s display), you can play games in handheld mode.
If you want to play games on TV with friends, you should connect Nintendo Switch to TV to enable the TV mode. Then, how to hook up Nintendo Switch to TV? Here is the guide:
Step 1: Open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch dock, insert two cables that coming with Nintendo Switch into the dock, and then close the back cover of the dock.
- Connect the USB plug from the Nintendo Switch AC adapter to the top terminal of the dock, labeled "AC ADAPTER", and then connect the other end of the AC adapter to a wall outlet.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the bottom terminal of the dock, labeled "HDMI OUT", and then connect the other end to an HDMI port on your television or monitor.
Step 2: Remove the left and right Joy-Con controllers from the console, if you have attached the two controllers to the Nintendo Switch display. To detach the Joy-Con, you just need to press the release button at the back of the Joy-Con while sliding the Joy-Con from bottom to top.
Step 3: Insert the console into the dock with the LCD screen facing in the same direction as the front panel on the dock. While the console is docked, the LCD screen will shut off.
Step 4: Turn the TV set on, and select the correct HDMI input. Then, you can play games on TV.
A great many users encounter the Nintendo Switch dock not working issue. Are you also troubled by it? This post will provide you with several fixes.
Nintendo Switch Not Connecting to TV
In general, if you follow the above guide on how to connect Nintendo Switch to TV, you can enable the TV mode smoothly. But some people report that Nintendo Switch won't connect to TV.
If you also encounter Nintendo Switch not connecting to TV issue, you can try the following steps to solve the problem.
- Verify TV input channel and source. You should make sure your TV input channel or source is set to the correct HDMI port (the port that connects to Nintendo Switch). If this step can't solve the problem, you can then perform the next step.
- Power off the TV and disconnect all cables from the dock. Then, reset the AC adapter by disconnecting it from both ends for at least 30 seconds. If the problem persists, please check these accessories for any damage, either to the cord or to the USB ports. If any damage is found, the corresponding accessory will need to be replaced.
- Try playing games in handheld mode to make sure the display works fine.
If you can't find the reason why the Nintendo Switch won't connect to TV, you may need to contact Nintendo Switch support for further diagnostics.