Situation: Hey, everyone. I just got a new gaming PC yesterday. And it has both an HDD and a SSD in it. The Windows 10 preview is on my HDD and I want to migrate Windows 10 to SSD. Please tell me the procedure to move the operating system to SSD. Thanks in advance.
Nowadays, more and more people are willing to transfer the operating system to the SSD. And two reasons will be displayed below.
1. Improve the overall system performance. It will take less time to boot from the Solid State Driver (SSD). In addition, running speed of SSD is much faster than that of traditional hard disk drive (HDD).
2. Increase the system partition size. Low disk space will affect the performance of the computer. What’s worse, users may suffer from data loss. Then moving Win 10 to SSD can pull users out of the trouble since the entire SSD can be partitioned to one partition for Windows 10. Furthermore, most of the user can afford to buy an SSD.
Difference Between HDD and SSD
An SSD is a data storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data persistently. SSD has no moving (mechanical) components. This distinguishes them from HDD, which contains spinning disk and movable read/write head. Compared with traditional hard disk, SSD is typically more resistant to physical shock, run silently, have lower access time, and less latency.
For more information, please click Solid State Drive of Wikipedia.
Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to Migrate Windows 10 to SSD
It is well known that reinstalling or moving Windows operating system is time consuming and risky. Then this kind of move will not be recommended to users. Therefore, users had better turn to professional partition manager. Here, MiniTool Partition Wizard is worth trying. It will help users do the migration with simple steps. And in the process of transformation, people will not be annoyed by data loss.
Detailed steps of moving Win 10 to SSD will be shown below.
Download MiniTool Partition Wizard form its download center and install it to your computer. Run the partition magic to enter its main interface.
1. Select the system partition and click "Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard" from the left action panel.
2. Select the destination disk that will keep the OS on the source disk and then click “Next” to go on.
Note: backup all important data on destination disk is a must since all its data will be deleted.
3. Please choose one of three copy options and then click “Next”.
Note: the option box has been checked by default. And it will improve performance for Advanced Format disk and SSD.
4. This interface shows the instructions to boot from destination disk. After reading, please click “Finish” to go back to the main interface.
5. Click “Apply” button to execute all pending operations.
At last, to migrate Windows 10 to SSD has been successfully fulfilled in MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Note: To transfer all disk data to SSD without losing data, please click on the “Copy Disk Wizard”.