Throughout almost a decade (2011-2021), Minecraft has attracted lots of players, and today the charm of Minecraft continues. Here we would like to discuss a highly concerned topic related to the game: how to download Minecraft Java Edition. If this topic interests you, join the discussion with MiniTool Partition Wizard right now.
The Minecraft game has two types: Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. The former is more popular by the players across the globe due to the following two reasons:
- Minecraft Java Edition offers new combat systems and some other features that Bedrock Version does not have.
- Minecraft Java Edition features cross-platform playability. Put that clearly, it can run Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.
Well, how to download Minecraft Java Edition? You can directly download the free trial of Minecraft Java Edition from the source, but before that, you need to make sure that your device meets the system requirements of Minecraft Java Edition, which is the first step you must need to take when you want to run a new game.
Minecraft Java Edition System Requirements
The system requirements of Minecraft Java Edition have two parts: minimum requirements and recommended requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
- GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- HDD: At least 1GB for game core, maps, and other files
- OS: Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz / AMD A10-7800 APU 3.5 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding integrated chipsets) with OpenGL 4.5
- HDD: 4GB of free space on SSD (see: upgrade to SSD without reinstalling Windows)
- OS (recommended 64-bit): Windows: Windows 10
Then, follow the guide on “can I run this game” to see if your computer specifications meet the above requirements. Once make sure Minecraft Java Edition can run on your computer, you can download and install it.
Download Minecraft Java Edition for Free
Minecraft Java Edition can be downloaded straight from the official Minecraft website. It is not recommended that you download it from other websites because the download from these websites might have been bundled with malware.
Here are the steps to complete “Minecraft Java Edition download” on the Official Minecraft website:
- Go to the website.
- Click the buttons in order: GET MINECRAFT > COMPUTER > PC > MINECRAFT JAVA EDITION > BUY MINECRAFT.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to download this game.
Once the downloading process, double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install Minecraft Java Edition.
How to turn off Narrator in Minecraft on PC and other platforms (like Xbox One) is explained in this post. Start reading to find out.
Final Thoughts on Minecraft Java Edition Download
There is much to praise Minecraft Java Edition, but before downloading it, you need to make sure that your computer specifications can meet the game’s system requirements.
That’s all about how to download Minecraft Java Edition. If this post is helpful for you, please share it with others. Thanks in advance.