Windows 11 is the latest major release of Microsoft’s Windows NT operating system, released on October 5, 2021. As of January 2024, Windows 11, at 27% worldwide, is the second most popular Windows version in use.
macOS is an operating system developed and marketed by Apple Inc. since 2001. It is the primary operating system for Apple’s Mac computers and the second most widely used desktop OS. In the following content, I will explain macOS vs Windows 11 to you.
Windows 11 vs macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey was released in 2021. The differences between Windows 11 vs macOS Monterey are as follows:
- Price: Windows 11 is provided as a free upgrade for Windows 10 users. MacOS Monterey will also install on your device for free of charge as long as your Mac is certified for it.
- Requirements: Almost all computers after 2018 with an Intel 8th gen processor can install Windows 11. macOS Monterey supports Apple Silicon and Intel Mac. The earliest model is the Mac Pro 2013 or later.
- UI: The design and theme in macOS Monterey work a bit like it’s in previous releases while Windows 11 has made the biggest change in its design. Window 11 simplifies the design and user experience to increase productivity and stimulate creativity.
- Features: Snap Layouts or Snap Groups allows Windows 11 to run up to three apps side-by-side in various layouts while macOS can only use two apps side-by-side. Windows 11 performs better in gaming. macOS Monterey continues to make the widget concept better on Macs but Windows 11’s widget concept looks better.
This post introduces 5 best Windows 11 features that I think you may want to try. Please check them and see whether you like them.
Windows 11 vs macOS Ventura
macOS Ventura was released in 2022. The differences between Windows 11 and macOS Ventura are as follows:
- Windows 11 still performed better in gaming and it optimized its UI this year.
- Apple is making porting Windows games to MacOS Sonoma easier with the Game Porting Toolkit but, for now, the situation remains as it long has on MacOS Ventura – it’s a no-go for serious gamers.
- macOS Ventura adds the Stage Manager tool, a feature ported over from iPadOS, which lets you easily manage multiple open apps on your desktop.
- In macOS Ventura, you can use Live Captions within a FaceTime call, alongside enabling background sounds, so you can play calming sounds such as rain or ocean waves to drown out any unwanted distractions regardless of where you are.
Windows 11 vs macOS Sonoma
macOS Sonoma was released in 2023. The differences between Windows 11 and macOS Sonoma are as follows:
- Windows 11 added many features like Copilot, the native support for RAR, TAR, 7z, and other archive file formats, the backup app, etc.
- macOS Sonoma also added new features. Universal Control allows you to use a single mouse and keyboard to navigate among up to three Apple devices simultaneously and seamlessly switch between them without interruption across Mac computers, iPads, and iOS 15 for iPhones.
- The Focus Mode in macOS Sonoma allows you to eliminate distractions like unwelcome notifications. With Quick Note, you can record your thoughts and reminders, even while working on another application.
If you want to know more about macOS vs Windows 11, you can read this post: Windows vs Mac: Which One Is Suitable for You?
MiniTool Partition Wizard can migrate OS, clone disks, and recover data on Windows PCs. If you have these needs, you can try this software.