What Is macOS Ventura?
macOS Ventura (version 13) is the nineteenth major release of macOS, the successor to macOS Monterey. It was launched on October 24, 2022, and then was succeeded by macOS Sonoma released on September 26, 2023.
macOS Ventura Features
macOS Ventura adds many new features. Some of them are as follows:
- iCloud Shared Photo Library: You can share a collection of images in a shared iCloud library with up to five other people, without using AirDrop to send batches of photos or manually sending them to a group chat.
- Message: You can edit messages up to 15 minutes after sending them and delete them up to two minutes after.
- Live Captions: It can transcribe audio for media, calls, and in-person conversations.
- Shared Tab Groups: It lets you share your favorite websites and browser bookmarks with others.
- Continuity Camera: You could use your iPhone’s excellent camera instead of the relatively crappy one on your Mac during video calls.
- FaceTime Handoff: You can transfer a FaceTime call to another machine without hanging up and restarting it.
- Stage Manager: It will automatically organize all your open apps on the left side of your screen. This keeps them discernible at a glance and in full view rather than hidden behind other apps or down in the dock.
- Freeform: It allows you to collaborate with others in one space simultaneously. You can share files, as well as insert videos, web links, documents, and audio.
- Game Center: It will show you what friends are playing, when they beat your high score, and all their achievements.
- Weather App: You now have access to local forecasts, air quality, and precipitation intensity.
This post tells you the new changes and requirements of macOS High Sierra. It also offers you the macOS High Sierra download links and installation guide.
macOS Ventura Compatibility
The macOS Ventura supported devices are as follows:
- MacBook: 2017 and later.
- MacBook Air: 2018 and later.
- MacBook Pro: 2017 and later.
- Mac Mini: 2018 and later.
- iMac: 2017 and later.
- iMac Pro: 2017 and later.
- Mac Pro: 2019 and later.
- Mac Studio: 2022.
This post shows you how to install a macOS or Windows 11 virtual machine on Ubuntu using QEMU. If you have this need, you can try this guide.
macOS Ventura Download and Install
If you want to install macOS Ventura, the process is very simple. You just need to go to the macOS Ventura page on App Store and click the Get button to begin downloading. After the downloading, the installer opens automatically and you just need to follow the onscreen installation instructions.
However, some people may want to get the macOS Ventura download ISO or DMG. Then, keep reading to get the way.
Download macOS Ventura DMG
macOS hasn’t come as a DMG since macOS Sierra. Fortunately, you can use other ways to download macOS Ventura DMG. One of the easy ways is using the free MDS app. You can use it to download the latest Ventura public version.
Download macOS Ventura ISO
Downloading macOS Ventura ISO is not so easy. The key is to find a reliable website. There is no official website to offer macOS Ventura ISO. All macOS Ventura ISO files are made by individuals.
Do you want to install macOS on Windows PCs? If so, MiniTool Partition Wizard may help you to get enough free space for the macOS installation.