What Is the 3GP Video?
3GP is a multimedia file format created by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project. It is commonly used for viewing, sharing, and downloading videos on mobile devices. Although it was originally designed for 3G mobile phones, it can also be played on some 2G and 4G mobile phones.
3GP is a simplified version of MP4 and is often stored on phones, SD cards, or computers. However, like other video file formats, 3GP files can be accidentally deleted or lost on your PC due to various reasons.
Reasons for 3GP Video File Loss
After searching extensive user reports on the Internet, I find that these are the main reasons that can cause the 3GP video file loss:
- 3GP video files are corrupted by viruses or other malware infections.
- There are bad sectors or disk errors on the disk that include 3PG video files.
- The SD card is unable to access.
- The 3GP video files were deleted accidentally.
- The storage media is disconnected from the device or the network is disconnected.
- 3GP video files are corrupted by compression.
Can I Recover Lost or Deleted 3GP Video Files?
Yes, of course, you can. You can recover lost or deleted 3GP video files. But before you do the 3GP video files data recovery, you’d better remember these rules for a better recovery:
- Do not install the 3GP video data recovery tool in the same location as the lost or deleted 3GP video files.
- Do not make any changes in the location where you lost or deleted 3GP video files.
- Recover the lost or deleted 3GP video files as soon as possible.
How to Recover Lost or Deleted 3GP Video Files?
How to recover lost or deleted 3GP video files? Here, I summarize 4 effective methods to help you do the 3GP video files data recovery. Let’s try them in order.
Fix 1. Recover from Previous Backups
If you have made a backup for the 3GP video files on your PC on another external hard drive, USB flash drive, or cloud (like OneDrive or Google Drive), you can recover the lost or deleted 3GP video files via the previous backups.
Fix 2. Recover from Recycle Bin
If you lost or delete the 3GP video file on your PC, you can also use Recycle Bin to get the 3GP video files back. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1. Double-click the Recycle Bin icon to open the Recycle Bin window.
Step 2. Find and select the file that you want to recover.
Step 3. Right-click it and select Restore.
Fix 3. Re-download from the Original Website
If you remember the original website of the lost or deleted 3GP video files, you can navigate to this website and then download them again from the website. If this method is unable to help you recover lost or deleted 3GP video files, you can continue and try the following method.
Fix 4. Use MiniTool Partition Wizard
If you are unable to get the lost or deleted 3GP video files back with the above methods, you can try using a professional data recovery tool. To do that, MiniTool Partition Wizard is a good choice. It provides the Data Recovery feature to help you get the lost or deleted files with ease.
In addition, this multifunctional tool can also help you format USB to FAT32, format SD card FAT32, convert MBR to GPT, check disks, rebuild MBR, change cluster size, and more. Here’s how to use MiniTool Partition Wizard to recover files:
Step 1. Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard on your computer. Then launch it.
Step 2. In its main interface, click the Data Recovery option from the top toolbar. Next, select the partition where your 3GP video files were stored previously, and then click Scan.
Step 3. While the program scans your disk, you can preview the files and click pause or stop when you find what you need. Here are some of the tools that can assist you:
- Path: All lost files in this tab are listed in the order of directory structure.
- Type: All lost files in this tab are classified by types.
- Search: You can find files by their names.
- Filter: You can filter the files by File Type, Date Modified, File Size, and File Category.
- Preview: You can preview up to 70 kinds of files, but you need to install a package first.
Step 4. Once done, tick the files you want to recover and click Save. Choose a safe location to save the recovered 3GP video files and click OK.
How to recover lost or deleted 3GP video files? If you are also troubled by the 3GP video files data recovery, don’t worry. This post provides several effective solutions. Read them now!Click to Tweet
Here comes to the end of the post. Do you know any other better solutions for 3GP video file data recovery? Please share them with us in the following comment. I will appreciate that very much.
In addition, if you have any confusion or options about this topic, share them with us in the following comment area. Also, you can send us an email at [email protected] if you have difficulty using the MiniTool software and we will get back to you as soon as possible.