Here are 8 Solutions to Fix Critical Process Died in Windows 10
What Is Critical Process Died
Critical_Process_Died refers to a critical system process died with its bug check error code 0x000000EF or blue screen error. If a critical system process can’t run properly, the operating system will have some troubles, and it will crash and show you this error on your computer in Windows 10 like "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you. (n% complete)". Just like the following screenshot shows:
You may ask why does this error occur and how to solve 0x000000ef error in Windows 10. Don’t worry. This article will introduce you the reasons and the solutions. Just read on.
Why Does Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10 Happen
When experiencing error Critical_Process_Died error, you should know it is because when running operating system, the process which was needed to boot system ended accidentally for some reasons. Normally this error occurs after system upgrade or the new Windows installation in PCs. Nowadays Windows 10 is becoming a very popular operating system all over the world. Microsoft company allows you to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for free until July 29, 2016. Due to Windows 10 advantages, most of you choose to upgrade to the new system. However, during the process of Windows upgrade or after successful upgrade, it is likely to experience Critical Process Died issue. Here are some reasons about this error:
1. Compatibility issue: when upgrading a new system, the hardware or drivers are not upgraded, and the compatibility issue appears, so your computer is always needed to restart.
2. Ram issue: when there is something wrong in the memory, the blue screen or 0x000000ef error will occur.
3. Virus attack: the virus lives everywhere and it often attacks your computer which can makes this error existent.
4. System files are corrupted or modified: if you need to restart your computer again and again, it may be because of the corrupted or modified files.
5. Disk has bad sectors: after you use a hard drive for a long time, there may be some bad sectors in this disk. And it may cause this problem.
SHARE ON TWITTER
How to Fix Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10
After knowing the reasons about Critical_Process_Died error, let’s look at two cases about this critical died error:
"I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. So far, I am regretting it. My start up is woefully slow, (15 to 20 minutes). Every morning after sleep mode I get this "Critical process error 0x000000ef" and the entire start up process repeats itself. I have not found anything on line that refers to this problem in Windows 10. Can anyone help?"
--- from answers.microsoft.com
Hi, so my Windows 10 showed me a blue screen right before it force restarts as I was browsing the net using Microsoft Edge. It also asked me to Google Critical_Process_Died. I installed BlueScreenView to extract data from the dump file that was created after crash. I am uploading a zip file that contains the dump file and the text file that contains info about the crash.
--- from tomshardware
In fact, this error is a common issue and you can find many forums and articles about it. And I find some useful solutions as follows. Want to know the best part? Just move to Chapter 1.