Do you want to use Uplay? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard offers you a detailed Uplay download and install guide. It also tells you how to download games on Uplay and how to solve the Uplay download slow issue.
How to Download and Install Uplay
Uplay was first released in 2009 by Ubisoft. It is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer, and communications service designed to provide an experience similar to the achievements/trophies offered by various other game companies.
However, in 2020, Ubisoft integrated Ubisoft Club into Uplay and, and rename Uplay “Ubisoft Connect”. Therefore, Uplay download is now Ubisoft Connect download.
How to download Uplay and install it? Here is the guide:
Step 1: Go to the Ubisoft Connect official website and click the Download for PC button. Then, you can get the latest Ubisoft Connect download (or the latest Uplay download).
Step 2: Run the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Ubisoft Connect. But please pay attention to the Uplay install location. You can change it as your will.
Step 3: After the game launcher is installed, you need to log in to Ubisoft Connect. Then, you can use Uplay or Ubisoft Connect to download games.
You may encounter the Uplay launcher not working issue when using Uplay. What causes this error and how to fix it? Well, this post will make a replay for it.
How to Download Uplay Games
You can follow the steps below to download and install an Uplay game:
- Open the Ubisoft Connect game launcher.
- Select the Games tab in the top row.
- Click on the tile of the game you want to install.
- Click the Download button to start downloading the game.
- After the download has been completed, the Download button will become the Play Now, click this button to finish the installation process and start the game. If you want to continue to play this game next time, you just need to go to the Games tab and launch the game there.
How to Fix the Uplay Download Slow Issue
Some people report that they have encountered the Uplay download slow issue when they download games on Ubisoft Connect. How to solve this problem? You can try the following methods:
- Check whether the problem is caused by the Ubisoft server. You can check the server status online and if necessary, you can contact Ubisoft customer support. If the problem is caused by the server, all you can do is wait until Ubisoft fixes it.
- Test your network speed. If your network speed is not fast enough, then it’s certain that the Uplay download speed will be slow.
- Are there other programs uploading or downloading files? If so, please pause these programs temporarily and see whether the Uplay download speed becomes faster.
- Check the Ubisoft LAN Proxy Settings. Please go to Ubisoft Connect Settings, click Network on the list, click on Change Proxy Settings (this will bring up a new window), click on LAN settings, and uncheck the top box labeled "Automatically detect settings".
- Check the Uplay bandwidth limit settings. The Uplay client has an option to limit the used bandwidth when downloading games and updates. To remove this limit, please go to Settings > Download, and then move the slider for the "bandwidth limit" to the right.
How to move Uplay games to another drive? If you are searching for a guide, you come to the right place. This post will provide you with detailed steps.
Do you have other ways to solve the Uplay download slow issue? Please leave comments in the following zone. I will appreciate that very much.