This article is going to tell you what Switch serial number is and where to find switch serial numbers. Want to know more about Nintendo Switch, go to MiniTool official website.
What Is Switch Serial Number?
According to Wikipedia, a serial number is a unique identifier assigned sequentially or incrementally to an item to uniquely identify it. Serial numbers should be strictly numerical; they may contain letters or other typographical symbols. Or, they may consist entirely of a character string.
Serial numbers are a deterrent against counterfeit products and theft for they can be recorded and traceable. Also, they are very useful in quality control. Once a defect is found in the production of a particular batch of products, the units of products been affected can be found through their serial number.
Serial numbers are extensively used in electronics, appliances, automobiles, etc. physical objects. Also, they are appliable for intangible goods like computer software and online video games. For software, the serial number is the product key or product code; it is the authorization for a certain user to use the software.
The Switch serial number refers to the unique identifier of a Nintendo Switch console/controller.
This article lists 20 motherboard components as well as briefly introduces their functions.
Where to Find Switch Serial Number?
Where is the switch serial number? There are three Nintendo switch serial number locations. The following ways apply to both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite.
1. On the Device
Hold the Nintendo console the right way, just as what you do when you play a game in your daily life. On the bottom left adjacent to the USB-C port, there is a sticker. And, on the sticker, there is the Switch serial number right below the barcode.
If the sticker on your switch is missing, you can try to lookup its serial number in other places.
2. In the Device’s System Settings
Step 1. In the home screen, choose System Settings (the gear icon).
Step 2. In the next screen, scroll down the left panel, find and select System.
Step 3. Then, select Serial Information.
Step 4. Finally, you will see the switch serial number at the top of the list.
3. On the Package of the Device
Put the console package case standing upright or vertically. On the bottom right of the packaging (the thin bottom), there is a little window (near the input for the AC Adapter) with a sticker in. on the sticker, there is the switch serial number.
4. In Product Listings
Some online retailers, like Amazon, may designate the Switch serial number in their product listings. For a Nintendo Switch, its serial number should be a 14-digit code starting with the letters XKW for a new model and XAW for an old model.
How to Find the Serial Number of other Nintendo Consoles?
As for the serial numbers of other Nintendo consoles, you can still rely on the above three locations. Yet, there will be little difference for different devices.
- For Nintendo Wii U, its serial number locates on the bottom of the unit when it is laying down flat. The type of the serial number is similar to FAH100000000 or GAH100000000.
- For Nintendo Wii, its serial number is on the unit bottom when it is standing vertically. Example of the serial number is LAH100000000 or KAM100000000.
- For Nintendo 64, GameCube, Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Nintendo Classic Mini: NES and New Nintendo 3DS XL, you can find their serial number underneath on the bottom of the unit.
- For Nintendo 2DS XL, its serial number lies underneath the game slot cover like NAG100000000.
- As for New Nintendo 3DS, underneath the cover plate of the top screen, you can find its serial number looks like YAF100000000.
- For Nintendo 2DS, 3DS XL, 3DS, DSi, DS Lite, DS, GameBoy Micro, GameBoy Advance SP, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Pocket as well as GameBoy, their serial numbers locate on the back of the unit.
This post explains all the hotkeys of the VRChat controls keyboard and gives some tips.
Switch Serial Number Checker
There is a kind of service online for checking whether your Nintendo Switch serial number is patched or not. Patched means that the Switch is 100% unhackable. Unpatched means that your switch is 100% vulnerable to a hacker. Potentially patched means that the Switch might have exploit to be used by the hacker; and might not.
- [New] Windows 11 Media Player Rip CD Tutorials & FAQ
- Best Hulu Movies: Horror/Comedy/Action/Family/Romance/War/Sci-fi
- Spotify Most-Streamed Songs & How to See Your Most-Played Songs?
- [Answered] Does Google Drive Compress Videos? Yes or No? Why?
- Top 6 YouTube Growth Services to Increase Subscribers/Views/Likes