What PS4 do I have? If you are curious about that, find the PS4 serial number and model number with the guide offered by MiniTool now! With this PS4 serial number lookup tutorial, you can identify your PS4 console easily.
What PS4 do I have? You can find what version of PS4 you have by looking at its tiers. The original PS4 chassis has two tiers of equal height. The PS4 Slim chassis likewise has two tiers, but the upper tier is shorter than the bottom tier. The PS4 Pro chassis has three tiers.
Besides, you can find your PS4 model by its serial number and model number. How to find PS4 serial number? Where is the serial number on a PS4? This post will tell you the answers. Before that, you should learn the difference between the serial number and model number.
About PS4 Serial Number and Model Number
The model number refers to what kind of PS4 you have, consisting of the letters CUH, four numbers, and a letter. Model numbers are common across PS4 systems of similar type. The serial number identifies your PS4 devices, comprising 11 characters. Different from model numbers, serial numbers are unique because they are tied to your account.
Sony releases multiple variations for each PlayStation model, each of them with a slightly different model number. The model numbers of PS4 and PS5 include:
- 3-letter prefix: Product type (CUH refers to PS4, while CFI denotes PS5)
- 2-digit series number: Series (20 denotes a PS4 Slim)
- 2-digit region number: Region (01 refers to the United States)
- 1-letter capacity/version number: Hard drive capacity (“A” denotes 500GB for the PS4 console. For PS5, “A” refers to the PS5 console that has a disc drive)
For instance, the model number “CUH-2001A” stands for PS4 Slim made for the U.S. region with 500GB hard drive capacity. CFI-11xxA refers to the PS5 console with a disc drive, while the CFI-11xxB indicates the PS5 Digital Edition.
Click here to learn the difference between PS5 and PS5 Digital.
Reasons for Performing PS4 Serial Number Lookup
You need to find the PS4 serial number in the cases below.
- Check the warranty of your PS4 console: You should check if the console is under warranty on the official page of Sony if you want to repair it. For doing that, you are required to enter the model number and serial number on PS4.
- Check if your PS4 console is genuine: If you purchase the PS4 console from non-official sources, check if it’s genuine by offering your PS4 serial number to customer support.
- Account recovery: You will be required to offer your PS4 serial number while recovering your PS4 account.
- Theft and lost claims: If your PS4 console is stolen, you need your serial number to file a theft report. The serial number on PS4 may track your console for a possible return.
What are the best PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5 games? This post would list top PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5 games of all time.
How to Find PS4 Serial Number and Model Number
Where is the serial number on a PS4? The specific location varies according to the PS4 models. For PS4 CUH-10xx, CUH-11xx, and CUH-12xx, the PS serial number is usually located on the back of the system, towards the bottom left of the chassis. As for the model number, it is located on the back of the system, towards the bottom of the chassis.
If your PS4 is Slim CUH-20xx, the serial number can be found underneath the lip above the power port. You will see that by turning the system over. The model number is located on the spine of the system, to the right of the power port.
If you own the PS4 Pro model CUH-70xx, you can find the PS4 serial number underneath the top lip, opposite the system ports. The PS4 model number can be seen on the spine of the system, above the system ports. In addition to these places, the PS4 model and serial number can also be found on the PS4’s original packaging, receipt of the sale, or the label on the PS4 chassis.
How about the PS4 controller serial number? Where can you find it? It is simple to perform a PS4 controller serial number check. Both the serial number and model number of the PS4 controller can be found on the back of the wireless controller. The difference is that the serial number is below the bar code while the model number is above the bar code.
The controller serial number has 14 alphanumeric characters. The model number can be up to 12 alphanumeric characters.
When you are going to use the PS4 controller, it is necessary to learn about PS4 controller buttons including their names, layout, and functions.
Are you looking for a PS4 serial number lookup guide? If so, this post deserves your attention in which the model number and serial number on PS4 console and controller can be found. For issues like limited PS4 hard drive size, you can solve them by using MiniTool Partition Wizard. It helps you increase disk space with ease.