Do you know you can make a phone call from computer? MiniTool Partition Wizard will provide you with some ways to do that. You can pick one according to you condition.
The Advantage of Making Phone Calls from Computers
We have been used to making phone calls from our mobile phones, and phones also become an important thing in our daily life. But do you know that you can make a phone call from your computer? The advantages of making phone calls from computers are as follows.
It Acts as a Second Phone.
You can use your computer to make phone calls when your phone has no battery or you forget your phone at the home. You can use your computer to make and receive phone calls, and transfer all your workflow on one piece of equipment.
It Can Separate Your Life and Work.
If you go to buy a virtual phone number on the computer, you can contact your clients and colleagues easily. It can also keep your private phone number secret and separate your life and work.
It Is Cheaper Than Making International Calls by Phone.
If you always make calls to your international clients, you will spend many amounts of money on this thing. But if you choose to make a phone call from computer software, you don’t need to pay the expensive international phone calls.
This post shows you how to stop Skype from lowering the volume of other apps in Windows 10.
How to Make a Phone Call from Computer?
If you want to make a phone call from a computer, there are types you can choose from.
- App to phone calls.
- Web to phone calls.
- App to app phone calls.
App to Phone Calls
There are also two types you can choose from. one is to use an independent app to make phone calls from a computer. In this way, you need to install phone call apps on your computer first, such as Google Voice, Skype, and Viber. I use Skype as an example.
- Search for Skype on your computer. If your computer doesn’t have one, you need to download and install it first.
- Then you need to buy a call package. The package price is different among the apps, but all of them are cheaper than a mobile phone plan.
- Once done, you can make phone calls from Skype to others.
- But if you want to allow other people to call you on Skype from their mobile or landline. You need to have a Skype number. The Skype number is a monthly paid phone number.
The other type is to connect your phone to a computer by app, such as Phone Link. This can use some functions of your mobile phone on your PC.
- If your device is running on Windows 10 or 11, then Phone Link is already preinstalled.
- Open the Phone Link app on your computer and click Android or iPhone according to your phone type.
- Then you need to input your phone number and click Send. There will be a QR code on your computer screen.
- After that, your phone will receive a message with a link. Copy the link to the browser and navigate to Google Play. Then click Install to install this app on your phone.
- Open the app on your phone, and link your phone and PC by signing in to your Microsoft account or scanning the QR code. When the two devices are connected, your phone will receive a message to confirm the connection.
- Then you need to follow the instructions on your phone screen to finish the connection.
- Open the app on your PC, select the dialer icon on the left sidebar and click Connect. Then click Send permission.
- Follow the instructions on your PC’s screen. You will receive a notice on your phone to pair devices. Click Yes to confirm.
- After pairing the two devices, you can call on your PC.
This post recommends 2 Android emulators and 2 iOS emulators to you, so that you can play mobile games on PC.
Web to Phone Calls
Then you can dial on the virtual dial keyboard. But both of them have some restrictions on the phone call time and times..
App to App Phone Calls
You can also make phone calls from app to app, such as Whats App and Telegram. But the restriction is that you can only connect with the people who also use the same app.
So, you need to download and install the app on your computer first and make sure the one you want to contact has the same app.