LastPass is a freemium online password management tool. Many people may like to use it. However, some users report that they have encountered LastPass error invalid response when adding or changing passwords. In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to solve the problem with 3 ways.
LastPass Error Invalid Response
LastPass is a freemium password manager that stores encrypted passwords online. It includes a variety of cross-platform browser plug-ins such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc., which can provide secure and convenient password management for these browsers.
LastPass has a form filler that automates password entering and form filling, and it supports password generation, site sharing and site logging, and two-factor authentication. Many people like to use this password management tool, instead of the insecure password manager provided by the browser itself.
However, some people report that they have encountered LastPass error invalid response issue when adding or changing passwords via LastPass.
When I try to update the password in Lastpass, I got a message "error: invalid response." Please advise what to do. --- www.reddit.com
Then, how to solve the problem? Please keep reading to get solutions.
This article shows you how to manage Chrome saved passwords. If you want to view saved passwords Chrome, delete or export Chrome passwords, check out this post.
How to Solve LastPass Error Invalid Response
Before proceeding the following measures, you can try logging out and back in to see whether the LastPass error invalid response issue occurs again. If so, you can take the following measures.
Fix 1. Clear LastPass Local Cache
Clearing LastPass local cache will delete the local stored copy of your encrypted data. To recreate the local cache, log out of LastPass then log back in while an Internet connection is present. Then, here is the guide on how to clear the LastPass local cache:
If you are using the LastPass web browser extension, please perform one of the following actions (depending on your web browsing experience):
- Connect to LastPass, click on the active LastPass icon on the toolbar, and go to Advanced > Advanced > Clear Local Cache.
- Connect to LastPass, click on the active LastPass icon on the toolbar, and go to Account Options > Advanced > Clear Local Cache.
After deleting LastPass local cache, it's strongly recommended to log out and log back in to restore the local cache, because it includes access to your Recovery One Time Password.
If you are using LastPass for Windows app:
- Click on the LastPass icon in the taskbar.
- Go to Tools > Clear local cache.
- After uninstalling, disconnect and reconnect the application to restore the local cache.
Fix 2. Kill All Active Sessions
To kill all active sessions, you can do as follows: On your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass > Other Options > Advanced Tools > Other Sessions icon. Then, select one of the following options:
- Kill Selected Sessions – select the check box for each session you want to delete, and then click Finish tested sessions.
- Kill all but current session – to delete all sessions except the one you are active in, click Finish All except the current session.
Fix 3. Update the LastPass Web Browser Extension
If you are using LastPass web browser extension to manage passwords, updating the extension may solve the LastPass error invalid response issue. To update the LastPass web browser extension, you just need to download the latest version of LastPass web browser extension and log in.
But please note that updating Lastpass web browser depends on whether you are using LastPass for Chrome, LastPass for Safari, LastPass for Firefox or LastPass for Opera. In addition, if you are using the LastPass web browser extension on Chrome, you should also enable the setting to grant access to LastPass across all sites.
- Open a Chrome web browser window and navigate to chrome://extensions/?id=hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd.
- Select the radio button to enable the On all sites