The Forest is an open-world survival horror video game. Is The Forest cross platform? Is The Forest split screen? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you the answer. In addition, it also tells you how to play The Forest multiplayer.
Introduction to The Forest
The Forest is an open-world survival horror video game developed and published by Endnight Games for Windows and PS4.
The game begins with an airplane crash, which occurs on a remote and heavily forested peninsula. The player character Eric LeBlanc and his son, Timmy, survive this crash, but Timmy is kidnapped by a man covered in red paint.
Players should control Eric LeBlanc and survive on the forested peninsula in search of Timmy. During this process, players need to fight off cannibalistic monsters and create shelter, weapons, and other survival tools.
This game mainly has the following 5 difficulty modes. You should choose one of them at the start of a new game. Once it is set, it is irreversible and cannot be changed without the use of mods.
- Peaceful: This mode is very simple because it removes cannibals and mutants, but it will not disable hostile fauna and visual gore content like mutilated dead bodies, blood, and cannibal effigies.
- Normal: It is the standard game mode.
- Hard: In this mode, more mutants and creepies will spawn on the surface, and enemies will deal more damage and will be more resistant, while players’ survivability will be weakened.
- Hard Survival: In this mode, fewer animals and fish appear in the world, and their respawn will be longer; fire has been made more dangerous to the player; more food is required to fill the stomach; thirst comes faster; and so on. This mode is more difficult than the Hard mode.
- Creative: This mode is unlocked at the completion of the game. In this mode, there are no enemies and no need for resources when building.
This post tells you some things about Halo Infinite split screen and shows you how to play Halo Infinite split screen multiplayer on Xbox consoles.
Is The Forest Cross Platform?
Is The Forest cross platform between Windows and PS4? The answer is NO. The Forest is not a cross-platform game.
Currently, The Forest is only available on two platforms: Windows and PS4. But because PS5 is backward compatible with PS4 games, you can also play The Forest on PS5. In addition, because the game download version is the same on the two console models, you can play The Forest crossplay between PS4 and PS5.
What games are cross platform? If you want to play a game with friends on different platforms, you need to know if it is cross-platform first.
Is The Forest Split Screen?
The Forest is not split-screen on PC or PS. It doesn’t offer this feature. However, you can play The Forest multiplayer online with your friends. The Forest multiplayer only has cooperative mode.
How many people can play The Forest? Due to performance issues, the PS4 version of the game has a maximum of four players in a game. The PC version supports up to 8 players in P2P (Peer-to-peer). To play with more players, you will need to run a Dedicated Server.
In addition, in P2P, if your friend hosts the game, you can only play when they’re hosting. If you use a dedicated server, either of you can connect whenever you want, even if the other isn’t online.
How to play The Forest Coop? You can refer to this video.
This post will introduce 5 best split screen PC games to you, so that you can play video games with friends through just one PC.
Are you interested in MiniTool Partition Wizard? This software can help you clone the system, manage disks better, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.