How to uninstall games on PC? There are many ways to uninstall a game according to how you install it. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to uninstall Microsoft Store, Epic, and Origin games.
How to Install Games
How to uninstall games on PC? Sometimes, it depends on how you install games on the PC. You can install a game in the following 3 ways:
- Install a game from its official website. Any app including games has its official website and users can go to this website to download the app/game installer. Then, use this installer file to install the app/game.
- Install a game from Microsoft Store. Some games are also available on Microsoft Store. You can install them like any other software.
- Install a game from other digital game distribution platforms like Steam, Epic Games, Origin, Blizzard, etc. Some players may like to play many games. In this case, they will use Steam or other game launchers to manage these games.
How to Uninstall Games on PC
To uninstall games on a PC, you can use the following 2 ways.
Way 1. Uninstall Games via Settings or Control Panel
This method is the universal one. No matter what method you use to install games, the game will appear on the list of installed apps on Windows. Therefore, you can use this way to uninstall the game.
Some people may want to know how to uninstall Microsoft Store games. Microsoft Store is not a game launcher like Steam. Therefore, this method is also the main way to uninstall Microsoft Store games.
- Press the “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps & features / Installed apps.
- Click on the game and click Uninstall.
Via Control Panel:
- Type “control panel” in the Windows search bar and open it from the result list.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- On the new window, right-click the game and click Uninstall.
Way 2. Uninstall Games via the Game Launcher
Steam, Epic Games, Origin, and Blizzard are famous game launchers. Many people may want to know how to uninstall games from them.
If you want to know how to uninstall Steam games, please refer to this post: How to Uninstall Steam Games Completely? [3 Methods].
If you want to know how to uninstall Blizzard games, please refer to this post: How to Uninstall Battle.net Games on PC? Here are 3 Methods.
As for how to uninstall Epic and Origin games, you can refer to the following content.
How to uninstall Epic games:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher and click on Library on the left sidebar.
- Select the game you want to remove on the right side, click on the gear icon and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again in the pop-up window to confirm the uninstallation.
How to uninstall Origin games:
- Launch the Origin client.
- Log in to your EA Account.
- Select the My Games tab.
- Right-click the game tile you wish to uninstall.
- Select Uninstall from the pulldown menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
In addition to the above safe ways, you can also uninstall a game by deleting its installation folder. But this method may be a little unsafe.
Want to uninstall Steam? This post details what you should do before uninstalling the app and how to uninstall the app.
How to uninstall games on PC? Do you know other methods? Please share them with us in the following comment zone. In addition, if you need to clone the system, manage disks better, or recover data, you can try MiniTool Partition Wizard.
User Comments :Post Comment