Skate 3 is a skateboarding video game available on PS3 and Xbox 360. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to play Skate 3 on PC via RPCS3. You can follow the guide and enjoy Skate 3 on your PC.
Is Skate 3 on PC?
Skate 3 is a skateboarding video game developed by EA Black Box and published by Electronic Arts in 2010 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game takes place in the fictional city of Port Carverton, which embraces skateboarding. The player’s goal is to sell one million boards by completing challenges.
This game received “generally favorable reviews” from critics. Many people may want to try this game on PC. Is there a Skate 3 PC version? In 2021, the game’s official Twitter account confirmed the PC release in a tweet. But at the time of writing, the Skate 3 PC download is still unavailable.
This post introduces 3 reliable PS3 emulators to you. If you want to play PS3 games on PC, you can choose one from them.
Can You Play Skate 3 on PC?
Although there is no Skate 3 PC version currently, you can still play it on a PC via an emulator. The recommended Skate 3 emulator is RPCS3. Many people will use this PS3 emulator to play Skate 3 on a PC.
To run RPCS3, your PC needs to meet the following system requirements at least:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1/10/11; Linux 5.4 (Older LTS), Ubuntu 18.04 or newer; macOS Big Sur 11.6 or newer; FreeBSD 12.3 or newer
- CPU: Any x64 AMD or Intel CPU with 4 cores and 8 threads
- GPU: HD 5000 series or GTX 400 series
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 6GB
If your PC meets the above requirements, you can play Skate 3 on your PC.
How to Play Skate 3 on PC
Step 1: Download and install RPCS3 on your PC.
- Go to the official RPCS3 website to download the RPCS3 installer file.
- The Windows version is a 7z file. You should unzip it first.
- In the unzipped folder, you will see the rpcs3.exe file. RPCS3 doesn’t need installation. It can be run directly by double-clicking the rpcs3.exe file.
- After RPCS3 is launched, you need to grant access to RPCS3 to allow it to update its data or accept other settings.
Step 2: RPCS3 emulates the PlayStation 3’s hardware but not its software. So, you need to download and install the PS3 firmware.
- Go to this page and click the Download PS3 Update button to get the PS3 firmware.
- Go back to RPCS3, and click on File > Install Firmware.
- Point RPCS3 to the PlayStation 3 firmware file you downloaded from the Sony PlayStation site.
- Once the installation is completed, RPCS3 will inform you of that.
- Click OK and then RPCS3 will start pre-compiling modules. You should wait until it completes.
Step 3: Download Skate 3 PKG or ISO file. To launch Skate 3 using RPCS3, you need the Skate 3 PKG or ISO file. How to get Skate 3 on PC? You can get that from this page.
Step 4: After getting the Skate 3 PKG or ISO file, click File > Install .pkg and select the downloaded Skate 3 PKG file. Or, click File > Boot Game and then select the downloaded Skate 3 ISO file. Then, RPCS3 will compile more files it needs to run. This is only needed when a game boots for the first time.
Then, you can enjoy Skate 3 on PC.
This article will show you 6 Xbox 360 emulators that can be used on Windows PC. With Xbox 360 emulators, you can play Xbox games on your Windows PC directly.
Are you interested in MiniTool Partition Wizard? This software can help you clone the system, manage disks better, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.