Do you want to mine Bitcoin, Bitcoin, or Dogecoin on your PC? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard tells you how to mine cryptocurrency on PC. You can have a try if you ensure cryptocurrency mining profitability.
What Is Cryptocurrency Mining?
Cryptocurrency is a type of digital currency (or virtual currency) and Bitcoin is the first type of cryptocurrency to appear. Other types of cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc. are called Altcoins.
Cryptocurrencies are not issued by any institution. It's a string of encrypted code obtained by a computer running an open-source equation. At the same time, the total number of cryptocurrencies is limited, so it has scarcity like gold.
In addition, many countries like America, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, and Japan support cryptocurrency. Therefore, cryptocurrency has some value and cryptocurrency mining can be profitable.
What is cryptocurrency mining? To get cryptocurrencies, you need to use PCs or other devices to perform the open-source equation/algorithm, and then you can get the results (proof-of-work cryptocurrencies). This process is called cryptocurrency mining.
Chia plotting needs a good SSD because it writes large amounts of data. Well, this post shows you which SSD is best for Chia plotting.
How to Mine Cryptocurrency on PC
If you want to mine cryptocurrencies, you need to prepare the following items:
- A crypto mining rig. It could be a PC, a Field-Programmable Gate Array, or an Application-Specific Integrated Circuit. If you want to build a mining rig by yourself, you can refer to this post: How to Build a Crypto Mining Rig Step by Step.
- Supporting facilities. Power supply, network connection, cooling equipment, and suitable external environments like temperature and humidity.
- Mining software. A program that helps control the cryptocurrency mining process and also helps users track and secure cryptocurrencies. Some mining software support mining multiple cryptocurrencies and try to improve the mining rig’s performance and reduce its power consumption.
- A mining pool service. Due to the increasing cryptocurrency mining difficulty, it’s very hard for individuals to get cryptocurrencies. Mining pools can put together the computing power of many mining rigs to mine cryptocurrencies and distribute the corresponding compensation to the individuals according to the computing power contributed.
- A cryptocurrency wallet. It is used to store your cryptocurrency and keep it safe. It could be an online service or an offline hardware device like a hard drive.
Cryptocurrency mining requires cost and it doesn’t ensure profitability. Therefore, you can use some mining profitability calculators like WhatToMine, 2CryptoCalc, or SimpleMining to help you control the cost.
This post shows you how to check PC part compatibility when you build a PC and recommends the 3 best PC compatibility checkers to you.
How to Mine Bitcoin on PC
Bitcoin Mining Software:
- Awesome Miner
Bitcoin Mining Pools:
- Slush Pool
Online Bitcoin Wallets:
- Ledger Nano X
- Trezor Model T
How to Mine Ethereum on PC
Ethereum Mining Software:
- Cudo Miner
Ethereum Mining Pools:
- Hiveon Pool
Online Ethereum Wallets:
- Ledger Nano X
How to Mine Dogecoin on PC
Dogecoin Mining Software:
- Awesome Miner
Dogecoin Mining Pools:
Online Dogecoin Wallets:
- Ledger Nano S
- Trezor Model One
This post tells you how to mine cryptocurrency on PC. If you have other ideas, please share them with us. In addition, MiniTool Partition Wizard can help you clone the operating system, manage disks, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.