Do you want to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV using 2 ways. In addition, it also tells you what to do if you don’t have the Chromecast device.
Oculus Quest 2 is a virtual reality (VR) headset developed by Facebook Reality Labs (formerly Oculus). It runs an Android-based operating system and requires a smartphone running the Oculus app to conduct the first-time setup.
It can run as a standalone headset or connect to a desktop computer via USB or Wi-Fi to make the PC run Oculus-compatible VR software.
With this device, you can play VR games. However, sometimes, you may need to Oculus Quest 2 to TV for sharing your VR experience.
What VR headsets work with PS4? Can you use Oculus with PS4? If you want to play PS4 VR games, you might be curious about these questions.
Before Getting Started
Some people may also ask questions like “how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV” or “how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV”. Actually, the way to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV is only related to the Chromecast device.
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. The devices, designed as small dongles, can play Internet-streamed audio-visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system.
Nowadays, most smart TVs will have Chromecast pre-installed. But if your TV doesn’t have this device, you need to purchase this device and plug it into a power source and your TV’s HDMI slot.
Then, make sure that your mobile device and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Now, you can download the Google Home app and follow the instructions to set up the Chromecast device.
This post shows you how to download and set up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV
After completing the above steps, you can start casting Oculus Quest 2 to any TV in the following 2 ways:
Way 1. How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV via Your Phone
- Turn on both your TV and Oculus Quest 2, so you can connect them to your Wi-Fi.
- Download the Oculus app on your smartphone and open it.
- Tap the Cast icon (headset with Wi-Fi waves) on the top-right corner of the screen and grant any permissions being asked by the app.
- In the “Cast To” section, select the device you’d like to cast to, be it your TV directly, or via a Chromecast. Then, it should display “Connected” below the name of your Oculus VR headset.
- Tap Start at the bottom of your phone screen and it should start working.
Way 2. How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV via the Headset
- Turn on the Oculus and your TV.
- Press the Oculus button on the right-hand controller to bring up the home menu.
- Point and click the Share
- In the Sharing window, click the Cast
- In the Cast From This Headset window, select your Chromecast-enabled device.
If your TV does not support Chromecast, you can use your Android smartphone as a source and its content can in turn be mirrored to your TV.
Finally, how to stop casting Oculus Quest 2 on TV? To do that, you just need to go back to the Share menu and click the Cast button. Then, confirm you want to stop casting.