Have you encountered DirectX error Modern Warfare? Why does this error occur? How to solve this error? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard offers you 6 ways to fix this error. You can try them one by one.
About DirectX Error Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision Publishing, Inc. in 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows platforms.
Once released, it earned over $600 million within the first three days, which makes it the highest-selling game in the franchise during the current console generation and breaking several sales records.
However, as any other program, Modern Warfare also has many errors during operation. Some users report that they have encountered DirectX error Modern Warfare. This error may display various error codes or tell you DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
The possible reasons of the DirectX error Modern Warfare include:
- Corrupted game cache or critical files.
- A faulty hardware may trigger a software error while the game is running. Please keep your software, drivers, and applications up-to-date.
- Incompatibility issues with other programs. If you recently installed a new application, try deleting that program and see if the error disappears.
- Internet connection problems.
How to Fix Modern Warfare DirectX error
To solve the DirectX error Modern Warfare, you can try the following methods.
Fix 1. Update Windows and GPU Drivers
Here is the guide on how to update Windows 10:
- Click Start button and choose Settings. Then, choose Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Then, the PC will download and install the latest Windows updates.
As for how to update the GPU driver, you can refer to the following steps:
- Type "device manger" in the Windows search box and choose the best-match option from the result list.
- Expand the Display adapters and right-click the GPU driver to select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software in the pop-up window.
This post covers the ways for how to update graphics card drivers of NVIDIA, AMD and Intel in Windows 10/11, both desktop and laptop.
Fix 2. Close Unnecessary Programs
Other programs may be causing a problem with Blizzard launcher or Warzone, especially for those programs designed for monitoring your hardware or overclocking your video card or processor.
To close them radically, you can use Task Manager. Please right-click on the blank area of the Taskbar and choose Start Task Manager. In the Processes tab, right-click programs and choose End task.
Fix 3. Reboot the PC and Restart the Game
Sometimes, this method may solve the DirectX error Modern Warfare, especially if the error is just a random bug. The error disappears automatically after restarting the game.
Fix 4. Scan and Repair the Game on the Blizzard App
The Blizzard app has a file repair tool built in. This can be useful if the cause of the problem is corrupted game files. You can run this tool through the following steps:
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
- Click the icon of the game you are trying to repair.
- Click Options.
- Click on Scan and Repair.
- Click Begin Scan.
Fix 5. Run Game in DirectX11 Mode
DirectX 12 is the newest version but it may be unstable and cause the DirectX error Modern Warfare. In this case, you can try forcing the game to run DirectX 11 mode instead of DirectX 12. Here is the guide:
- Open the Battle.net desktop app.
- Select the Call of Duty: MW game in the left panel.
- Click on OPTIONS.
- Select Game Settings.
- Enable ADDITIONAL COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS.
- In the box, enter "-D3D11".
- Click Done button at the bottom.
How to Download and Install DirectX on Your Computer?
Fix 6. Delete Game Cache
- Quit the game and the Blizzard app.
- Navigate to C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\.
- Create a copy of all folders and place it in another folder to make a backup.
- Go back to C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\ and delete all the stuff in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder.
- Start the game again and see if the problem is fixed. If there is something wrong after deleting the cache, you can recover these files using that copy.
User Comments :Post Comment