Is your Apple TV remote not working? This issue may be annoying. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to fix this issue. In addition, it also tells you how to fix the Apple TV remote app not working issue and the Apple TV remote volume not working issue.
Fix the Apple TV Remote Not Working Issue
In general, an Apple TV comes with an Apple TV Remote, a Siri Remote, or an Apple Remote. Some people report that they have encountered the Apple TV remote not working issue. If you also encounter this issue, you can try the following ways to solve the problem.
Fix 1. Charge the Remote
If you use the Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, please charge it for 30 minutes using a Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger. If you use the Apple Remote, please replace the battery.
Fix 2. Reset the Apple TV Remote
If the Apple TV remote not working issue occurs, you can unpair and reset Apple TV remote to see whether the issue is solved. Here is the guide:
- Physically unplug your Apple TV and wait at least six seconds.
- Plug your Apple TV back in. Wait for the home screen to reappear. Once it has, try to use your remote to see if this has reset the connection.
If the above steps don’t work, you try the following steps to reset Apple TV remote.
For Siri Remote & Apple TV Remote:
- Press and hold the TV/Control Center button and the Volume Down button at the same time until the status light on Apple TV turns off and then turns on again.
- Release the buttons, and then wait 5–10 seconds. A Connection Lost notification will appear on your TV screen.
- Restart your remote and then a Connected notification will appear on your TV screen.
Or, you can reset the Apple TV remote by pressing and holding Back/Menu and Volume Up for five seconds and then placing your remote on top of the Apple TV to complete pairing.
For Apple Remote:
- Hold down the Menu and the Left arrow buttons on the remote for six seconds.
- Choose the Unlink icon on your Apple TV.
- Go through the above steps again to link your Apple Remote to your Apple TV again.
Fix the Apple TV Remote App Not Working Issue
The Apple company adds the Apple TV Remote feature into the Control Center. With this feature, you can control your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
However, some people report that they have encountered the Apple TV remote app not working issue. If you’re facing the same issue, you can try the following methods to solve it.
- Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of the iOS.
- Disconnect your WiFi router and Apple TV from the power source, wait a minute, and then reconnect them.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Ensure that your Apple TV and your iOS device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Unpair the remote and TV and then re-pair them.
This post shows you how to update the firmware and apps on TVs from brands LG, Sony, VIZIO, and Apple.
Fix the Apple TV Remote Volume Not Working Issue
If all buttons on the remote work well except for the Volume button. You can try resetting the remote to solve the problem. But if this method doesn’t work, you can then try the following ways.
Fix 1. Manually Program the Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote
- On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control.
- Select Learn New Device.
- Follow the onscreen steps to program your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote to control the volume of your television.
Fix 2. Make Sure that HDMI-CEC Is Turned on
The name of the HDMI-CEC feature ends up with “Link” or “Sync”. You should make sure that your TV offers HDMI-CEC support and then check that HDMI-CEC is turned on in the menu of your TV.