Do you need to activate Windows 7? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to do that using a Windows 7 product key and offers you free Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate product keys. It also shows you how to activate Windows 7 without product key.
Windows 7 is a major release of the Windows NT operating system released in 2009 and its extended support ended on January 14, 2020. It was a major success for Microsoft. Until January 2018, Windows 7 was still the most popular version of Windows worldwide.
Some people may want to try Windows 7 features still. They can download the Windows 7 ISO file and use the ISO file to install Windows 7 on PC or VM software.
However, to use more Windows 7 features, they need to activate Windows 7.
How to Activate Windows 7
The most common way is to activate Windows 7 over the Internet. Here is the guide:
- Select the Start button, right-click Computer, select Properties, and then select Activate Windows now.
- If Windows detects an internet connection, select Activate Windows online now. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
- Enter your Windows 7 product key when prompted, select Next, and then follow the instructions.
However, the support for Windows 7 has ended and you cannot purchase a license from Microsoft. This is also not necessary. You can search online to get a Windows 7 activate key free.
How to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 on the same computer? This article will show you how to make Windows 7 Windows 10 dual boot with detailed steps.
Windows 7 Editions
What Windows 7 product key should you use? It depends on what Windows 7 version you want to use. Windows 7 mainly has the following editions:
- Windows 7 Starter: It has the fewest features, doesn’t support the 64-bit architecture, and only supports RAM up to 2GB.
- Windows 7 Home Basic: It is mainly designed for low-end PCs and it doesn’t support the Windows Aero feature.
- Windows 7 Home Premium: It is the mainstream version, including various Windows Aero features, Windows Media Center, and touch-screen controls.
- Windows 7 Professional: It adds some features like Remote Desktop Server, Location Aware Printing, Encrypted File System, Display Mode, Software Restriction Policy, etc.
- Windows 7 Enterprise: It is designed for enterprises, including a multilingual user interface kit, BitLocker device encryption, and support for UNIX applications.
- Windows 7 Ultimate: It has almost the same functionality as the Enterprise Edition, but is licensed to general users.
Free Windows 7 Product Keys
Many people may want to use the Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate version. Here are some free Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate product keys:
Windows 7 pro product keys (32-bit):
Windows 7 pro product keys (64-bit):
Windows 7 ultimate product keys(32-bit):
Windows 7 ultimate product keys(64-bit):
How to Activate Windows 7 Without Product Key
If the above Windows 7 product keys are invalid, you can try the following ways to activate Windows 7 without a product key.
Way 1: Use Commands
- Visit the start menu and search CMD.
- Right-click on the option and run it as administrator.
- After the Command Prompt window opens, enter the command “slmgr -rearm”.
- The PC will ask you to restart the PC. Do it immediately.
- After the PC restarts, run CMD as administrator again. This time, you should enter the command “slmgr -ato”.
- If the message “successful activation of Windows 7” appears, it means you have activated Windows 7 successfully.
Way 2. Use Third-Party Software
If the above methods fail to activate Windows 7, you can try third-party software like Windows 7 activator or other Windows KMS tools. Download these tools and run them. They will activate Windows 7 for you automatically. If necessary, you should disable the firewall or antivirus software before running these tools.