WS-37368-7 is an error message you might see while signing in to your PlayStation Network account on the PS4 or PS5 console. It usually indicates your account has been banned. In this post from the MiniTool Partition Wizard website, you can learn how to avoid and fix the problem.
What Is WS 37368 7 PS4/PS5
PS4 (PlayStation 4) and PS5 (PlayStation 5) are popular home video gaming consoles. As the successor to PS4, PS5 has been improved a lot in performance. For the differences between PS4 and PS5, you can refer to our previous post: PS4 vs PS5: What's the Difference and Which One to Select.
Whether on PS4 or PS5, you might receive the error code WS-37368-7 when you try to sign in to your PlayStation Network account. What does WS-37368-7 mean?
The error code WS-37368-7 usually comes with the following message: Access to Sony Entertainment Network by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended.
It might happen because your financial institution reversed a charge on one or more of your PlayStation Network purchases upon your request. In addition, there are some other common reasons for WS-37368-7 error:
- Your PlayStation Network account might have been used from a different IP address, which makes PlayStation thinks your account has been hacked.
- You might have violations of the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement.
- You might have tried to log in with the wrong password too many times.
How to Avoid WS-37368-7 Error
As mentioned, there are multiple reasons for the WS-37368-7 error code. If you want to prevent your account from being suspended or banned, you should:
- Make sure your financial institution does not reverse charges on any purchases or subscriptions on your PlayStation Network account.
- Do not use mods or hacks for games on PS4/PS5.
- Do not buy a second-hand PS4 console that had an account logged in previously.
- Do not violate the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement.
By the way, here are some tips for PlayStation purchases and subscriptions:
- If you believe purchases were made without your consent, you should contact PlayStation Support for solutions.
- To avoid unauthorized payments, you can set up a PlayStation Store checkout password.
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase on PlayStation Store, you should check the Cancellation Policy of PlayStation to see whether you can get a refund.
- You are able to set purchase restrictions on the accounts of your children on PS4/PS5, as a Family Manager.
WS 37368 7 How to Get Unbanned – 4 Fixes
How to Fix WS-37368-7 Error, here are some fixes you can try.
Fix 1: Check Your Email
If your PlayStation Network account is banned or suspended, you can check the email from Sony to figure out why.
If it happens because the account was logged in from a different IP, Sony might think your account was hacked. To recover the account, you need to complete the verification process via email. Then, you will receive another email with a few working days to get your account unbanned.
Fix 2: Contact PlayStation Support
Your account could also be banned if the account has been logged in with a wrong password many times, which is to protect your account from being used by strangers.
In this case, you can contact PlayStation support to get your account unbanned. They would ask you some questions for verification. Just follow them to recover your account.
Fix 3: Restore Suspended Account Access due to Chargeback
If your account is suspended or banned because you have a chargeback, you need to pay the balance to restore access to your account. You can go to the Restore account access page of PlayStation and fill the PlayStation Support request form.
Fix 4: Create a New Account
If your PlayStation is banned permanently, you might need to create a new account to solve WS 37368 7 error.
On PS4, you can:
- Press and hold the PS button on your controller to open the quick menu.
- Go to Power > Switch User > New User > Create a User.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish creating a new account. You need to enter some necessary information and verify the email address during the process.
- Go to the home screen and choose the profile picture.
- Select Switch User > Add User > Get Started > Create an Account.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Hope this post can help you get rid of the WS 37368 7 error.