Are you unable to play COD Warzone or Modern Warfare online because of the error code 664640? How to fix Warzone error code 664640? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard provides several effective troubleshooting methods.
Both Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare are widely popular video games for Windows, PlayStation, and Xbox. Sometimes, however, these games also run into various issues and errors such as Modern Warfare Multiplayer not working, error code 6 driver, Dev error 6635, and Dev error 6034.
What triggers the Warzone error code 664640 PC or Warzone? The possible reason for it is your device's DNS settings are not configured correctly or the corrupted Modern Warfare folder.
So, how to fix error code 664640 Warzone? Let’s keep reading.
Method 1: Restart the Game
The first and simple fix for error code 664640 is to restart the game and your device. By doing so, a temporary glitch or cache can be cleared out. Just close the COD Warzone/Modern Warfare game normally and see if the error is fixed. If it still doesn't work, you can try restarting your PC, Xbox One console, and network router.
If a simple restart can’t fix the error, just move down to the following several fixes.
Method 2: Update the Version of Warzone and Modern Warfare
If the installation is outdated, you may encounter error code 664640 Warzone or Modern Warfare, updating the game to the latest version may fix the problem.
Update the Version of the Game on Xbox One:
- Fire up the console and press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to open the Home
- Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.
Update the Version of the Game on PC:
- Open the Steam client from your PC, and then click on Library from the top menu.
- Located the affected game in Library and right-click on it. Then select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Updates tab, and the game should download the latest update immediately if an update is available.
Method 3: Change the Server Region of Your Game
Modern Warfare Game may display error code 664640 if you are trying to play in an area that is not suitable for your device. In this case, changing your region in the game settings may solve the problem.
To do so, here is the guide:
Step 1: Open the Battle.net launcher and select Modern Warfare.
Step 2: Select the Gear icon next to the Play button and choose Regions.
Step 3: Then select a different region that you were currently using and check if the error code 664640 is cleared.
Method 4: Change the DNS Settings
Sometimes the Warzone error code 664640 can be caused by improper or non-optimal DNS settings of your device. Here you can try using a DNS server like OpenDNS or Google DNS to solve the error.
Change DNS Settings on PC:
- Open your Control Panel, and then change the View by type to Category and navigate to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter settings.
- Right-click your current network and select Properties. Then navigate to the Networking tab and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses option, and then set the Preferred DNS server to 126.96.36.199 and set the Alternative DNS server to 188.8.131.52. After that, click on OK to save the changes.
Change DNS Settings on Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to open the Home screen and select the Settings
- Open All Settings and select Network. Then navigate to the Advanced Settings tab and select DNS Settings.
- Select Manual from the drop-down menu, and then set the Primary DNS value to 184.108.40.206 and Secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11 (OpenDNS), or 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 for Google DNS.
- Save the changes and click on Continue to check if the DNS server works well.
Once completed, relaunch the game and see if the Warzone error code 664640 gets fixed.
This post shows you how to fix COD Warzone Dev Error 6066 on PC. If you are facing this error, you can take corresponding methods to solve the problem.
That’s all about how to fix Warzone error code 664640. If you have any questions about this topic, please leave them in the comment zone and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.