Printing a document on double sides save paper, which is environment-friendly, but how to print double-sided on Windows? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows how to make double-sided printing and how to print double-sided automatically on Windows 10/11.
It is easy to make double-sided printing on Windows, and scroll down to see how easy it is!
How to Print Double-Sided on Windows?
A few steps are required to make double-sided printing on Windows 10/11, and here I show the process of printing a document on double sides from Microsoft Word:
Step 1: Open a document with Microsoft Word.
Step 2: Access the Print option by using the Ctrl + P shortcut keys or clicking the File tab.
Step 3: Click the Print option on the left side.
Step 4: On the Print page, select a printer from the drop-down menu of Printer and then choose the option like Manually Print on Both Sides or Print on Both Sides.
Step 5: Click the Print button to start double-sided printing.
This is how to print double-sided from Microsoft Word. Note that the process of printing double-sided from Notepad or WordPad is a little different. For that, you need to:
- Click the File tab on the program’s window.
- Choose the Print option from the menu.
- Select a printer and then click the Preferences
- On the new window, tick the checkbox for the option Duplex Printing (Manual) and click the OK button to save the change.
- Click the Print button to start double-sided printing.
You can take advantage of the Windows tools like Command Prompt and Paint to print a list of files in a folder on Windows 10. Let’s check how to do that.
Setting double-sided printing default is more convenient. The following shows you how to make double-sided printing default.
How to Set Double-Sided Printing Default on Windows?
The process of setting double-sided printing default is a bit different on Windows 10 and Windows 11 (you might be interested in Windows 10 vs Windows 11).
On Windows 10, you need to:
- Click the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Click the gear icon to open Windows Settings.
- Choose the Devices option on the Settings window.
- Switch to the Printers & scanners tab on the left side of the window.
- Select the printer and then click the Manage
- Click the Printing preferences
- Head over to the Printing Shortcut
- Select the Two-sided Duplex Printing option if your printer has a duplexing unit and can automatically print double-sided.
- Save the change.
On Windows 11, you need to:
- Click the Windows 11 icon on the taskbar.
- Choose the Settings option from the pop-up menu.
- Switch to the Bluetooth & devices tab on the left side of the Settings window.
- Choose the Printers & scanners option on the right side of the window.
- Select a printer and click the Printing preferences option under Printer settings.
- Tick the checkbox for the Duplex Printing (Manual) Then, click the Apply button and then click the OK button.
Through the above steps, your Windows 10/11 computer will print your documents on both sides automatically when you click the Print option.
This post is for those who want to install Brother printer but don’t have the installation disk. If you also want to install the printer, read the post now.