Are AirPods waterproof? If you own a pair of AirPods, you may want to know the answer. Here, MiniTool focuses on this question and explores the answer for you. Besides, some tips that can protect AirPods from being damaged by water are offered.
What Is Waterproof and Water-Resistant
If an item is waterproof, it means that it’s impossible for water to get inside and cause damage. It remains true for no matter how long that device is underwater or how deep it goes. If a device is water-resistant, it implies that it only stops water from getting inside for a limited time or at limited depeths.
Water resistance often can be measured via the IP (Ingress Protection) rating system. However, water-resistant seals degrade over time. It means that a device can become less water-resistant as time goes by. In addition, there’s no way to find out if a water-resistant seal still works or not, and there’s no way to re-seal it either.
You can learn the difference between waterproof and water-resistant from the above content. Are AirPods waterproof or water-resistant? Please keep reading the post!
Are VPNs safe to use? You may raise such a question before using VPNs. Well, this post shows you the answer and tells you how to choose a safe one.
Are AirPods Waterproof or Water-Resistant
Thanks to the IPX4 rating, the third-generation AirPods Pro are water and sweat resistant but not waterproof. It means that they are protected against splashing water and won’t sustain any damage if water splashes against the enclosure from any direction.
Even so, you should avoid getting AirPods Pro wet on purpose, but they should survive the odd splash. The device can resist up to 10 minutes if water splashing. What’s more, sweat and water resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease because of normal wear.
Are AirPods 2 waterproof? The short answer is no. However, you should pay attention to the fact that Apple added a water-repellent coating to the tiny circuit board in them. The coating might prevent calamity if AirPods are exposed to moisture.
How about AirPods 1? It is also not waterproof. If you have a pair of them, you should make sure that they stay dry. The first and second generation of AirPods are not waterproof and water-resistant.
Why is my PS5 controller not charging? How to fix the issue? This post would tell you why and how. Find the answers from the post now!
How Waterproof Are AirPods
The AirPods Pro should be okay in light rain or you sweat on them at the gym. Even so, you should still dry them properly before returning them to case.
- Don’t swim with AirPods.
- Don’t shower with AirPods.
- Don’t wear AirPods in heavy rain.
- Don’t use AirPods while doing water sports.
- Don’t let AirPods go in the washing machine.
- Don’t take AirPods into a sauna or steam room.
What can you do to prevent AirPods from be damaed if they get wet? Well, you can take some actions to protect AirPods.
- Dry AirPods with a lint-free soft cloth.
- Allow AirPods to dry fully before putting them in the charging case or using them.
- If the charging case gets wet, open the lid and leave it to dry upside down.
- If the AirPods are exposed to detergents, chemicals, or other non-water liquids, wipe them clean with a slightly damp lint-free cloth. For instance, if AirPods get wet due to coffee, shampoo, soap, lotion, or sunscreen, you should dampen a piece of cloth with clean water > wipe the AirPods clean carefully with the wet cloth > leave them out to dry before laying them in the charging case.
Are the AirPods Pro waterproof? Are you still bothered by this question? Well, this post shows you the answer and offers some additional information.